Slide insulation

ArkSlim

I would like to know if the slides on the 2010 / 3410 are insulated . I'm about to buy one and may be spending a couple of winters in a cold (below freezing) area.:confused:

tcbrady

the slideouts are technically not insulated in the 3410. However, Heartland has tested the Bighorns in a zero degree chamber with the slide rooms out and the units were able to maintain a comfortable temperature above 70 degrees. Now if you are going to be camping in extreme temperatures then you will need to skirt the unit, etc. The Bighorn has exceptional R-values with our new laminated roof and floor system along with the laminated sidewalls. Hope this helps with your question.
regards,

sjrellis

We spent last winter in Wisconsin (read COLD!) in our 3670 and had no issues. The temp was down to -17 more than once. Jim skirted with foam board insulation. We had frozen water (it was either hot or cold, but not both) a couple of times in the kitchen, but that was due to a flaw of Heartland putting the kitchen water line sitting on the frame! I understand they do not do that any longer.