Maiden voyage

k-f-Indiana

Hi all, We just purchased our first RV, a 3250TS Big Country, a couple weeks ago. We are leaving on our first trip tomorrow to Audubon State Park in Kentucky for 2 weeks. We camped when our children were young in a tent, but this is the first RV experience. I've been following the forums for a couple years, and you RVer's have sold me on the idea. We will be using our 5vr for my DH's work, as well as recreation, and hope to use it in about 3 years in our retirement, especially south for the winter, but also to see this beautiful country. Thanks for all the good info and helpful tips. Expecting a sleepless night as we are excited,

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Karen, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. Enjoy your travels in the new Big Country. Consider looking for an Owners Rally near you to attend and meet other Heartland Owners. And remember, we're here to help you.

jimtoo

Hi Karen,

Yes, welcome to the Heartland Forum and Family. We have a lot of nice people here and they have a lot of information if you need help.

Jim M

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Karen,
Welcome to the club. The people here are great and very helpful.

I see you have a BC 3250. The floor plan will spoil you. I hope you enjoy it:)

GETnBYE

Congrats!

Have fun! A tent? you will never go back now, you will love the rv. Safe trip.
Nita

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new Big Country. We have had our 3250 for over 2 years and have thoroughly loved it. Have fun.

Like you we recently bought a Big Horn 3655RD and took our first long trip to the Ontario Chapter Rally in Mc Gregor hosted by Wayne and Gayle Wilson, they were great hosts and we had a terrific time and the road trip went off without a hitch.

I hope your first road trip was awesome.

Lyne

k-f-Indiana

Thanks for all the responses. We made it through our first trip with only a few hitches, which we expected. We really enjoyed the Audubon State Park, and we're going back next week for my DH's work. Nice thing is, I get to enjoy camping all day. We hadn't grilled for a while, so did lots of new grill dishes. Anything we wanted to cook, we did it on the grill. Haven't even tried the indoor oven. Lots of fun, in spite of the extreme heat and humidity. Would recommend RVing to anyone.

bacaye

Just returned from our first voyage

We headed to Mark Twain Landing near Hannibal Mo. for a fun week over the fourth and our first voyage. We also have a 2010 Big Country and I can say camping was great. It was the first time we did not want to go home. We had a travel trailer and no comparison to the Big Country. I will not complain about the walk in shower even with the handles in a bad place. We have so much storage!!!! Now all we have to do is remember where we put something.

I can report no problems and the bed is great. We cooked outside so I have yet to use the stove. I keep telling myself if I don't use it I will not have to clean it....lol Good excuse to cook outside.

We still need practice with a few items and probably a laugh for some as they watched our attempts to park it, but we will get better with time.

Have a good trip and I hope you have a nice first as we did....Barb

k-f-Indiana

I know what you mean about finding things. It's the first time I used a plastic cup for a rolling pin, then found it. We had a first great camping experience also, including the set up show. Things are bound to get easier as we learn more about the 5er. Happy Camping!