Finished up at Mor/ryde

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We got finished around 2PM today and headed North. Sitting a bit North of Grand Rapids. Man are we tired! I didn't notice a significant difference in the trailers ride but it's sitting between 3 and 4 inches higher than before. A 4" spacer tube was added to bring the trailer up to level while towing. I wanted to go with 3" spacer but thought that they knew best what I needed. They're the experts. It actually seems to pull a bit harder almost as if it's much heavier. That might have something to do with us carrying a lot of water in the tanks. The combined axle weight only increased 320#. They didn't offer to weigh the trucks axle and I didn't ask them to. I'll stop at a Cat scale as soon as I can and get er dun with empty tanks. Heading up to Indian Lake tomorrow to meet and visit with JonDar for a day or 2. I'll post the final weights as soon as I can.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Glad to hear everything worked out for you. You will find things seems to stay in place better inside the RV while towing. It was good seeing yall again at the Rally. Travel safe and we will see you down the road.

osims

bsims
We spent all day at RV Capital, They finished there part early then Lippert came in and did there work(great job by both). It was about 4 oclock before we left so we are at Elkhart Campground, will head south in the morning.
Bill

Tom of Ypsi

Y'all travel safe and keep us posted on how the Mor-Ryde system rides and especially the weights. The weights are my real concern since I am a tad over weight right now and do not need a whole lot more.

jmgratz

We spent all day at RV Capital, They finished there part early then Lippert came in and did there work(great job by both). It was about 4 oclock before we left so we are at Elkhart Campground, will head south in the morning.
Bill

After we left yall we drove around and then went back to Heartland RV to check on the RV. They finished up about 2pm and when I tried to start our truck the stupid thing wouldn't start -(the starter was just spinning). Jim B was just about to leave so he called Mark Comer for us and Mark saved us. He came over and towed our RV to Elkhart Campground while I waited for a wrecker for my truck. After getting the truck to Ziegler Ford in Elkhart, they found the bolts holding the starter in came loose. They tightened the bolts for $84.00 and had it fixed. We hope to head east in the morning. Glad to hear you got yours taken care of. Yall have a safe trip going back to Tx. Thanks again to M.Comer for saving us and Jim B for the help also. Thanks also to Dave Jones and his crew at Heartland for their professional and timely work. You guys are top notch.

Take care everyone and we shall see you down the road and on the forum.

PS Bill, it should be cool enough in the morning to try out your new fireplace for a few minutes taking the chill out of the air.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Glad to hear all went well for you. I noticed a difference pulling the 350 miles to St Ignace, MI after Mor/Ryde completed changing my unit over to new and beefier suspension. The Horn is not bouncing near as much. I have a much smoother ride. However, my roto chalks do not fit. The space between the tires is larger, and the Mor/ryde tech said the wider space is a positive. I will have to check into getting bigger blocks.

jmgratz

That larger space between the wheel could change the pin weight for less by a small amount, and that is a positive change.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
That makes sense, Jim. I would say the change is an inch plus. I will measure tomorrow and beable to tell how much. Thanks for the heads up on the pin weight.

jbeletti

Tom W,

Terry, Carol and I saw your rig in the shop at Mor/ryde. Saw Ray's too. Missed you guys though. Glad you got it taken care of.

Jim

jnbhobe

Glad everyone got everything fix up before leaving Elkhart. We got finished about 4:30 this afternoon. Got home at 10:30. Long haul 350 mi. and a long day after Mor-Ryde got us up at 5am because they start at 6. We had a wonderful time at the rally, It was great to see everyone again and meeting so many new people. Take care, hope to see everyone again soon. Patti & Jon :cool::cool::cool: