Almost lost my rig

We are spending the summer at Ennis RV in Ennis Mt.
A couple of weeks ago a Big Horn pulled in next to us.
We didn't see much of them as they were gone most of the time.
When we got back late one Sunday, our neighbor on the other side
came over and told us the people in the Big Horn had backed up to
our Big Country and then couldn't figure out why their key wouldn't
work in our door.

I knew I should have left the door unlocked....
A Big Horn for a Big Country, not a bad trade.

wdk450

King Pin Locks?

We are spending the summer at Ennis RV in Ennis Mt.
A couple of weeks ago a Big Horn pulled in next to us.
We didn't see much of them as they were gone most of the time.
When we got back late one Sunday, our neighbor on the other side
came over and told us the people in the Big Horn had backed up to
our Big Country and then couldn't figure out why their key wouldn't
work in our door.

I knew I should have left the door unlocked....
A Big Horn for a Big Country, not a bad trade.

I guess from your story there is something to be said for king pin locks, although I tried to hitch up with mine in place this morning in Winchester Bay, Oregon, and ended up buying a new $1200 hitch!!!

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
When I put my king pin lock on I hang a yellow ribbon 4 ft long from the handle of the lock. That way I will see the "flag", and if I then back into it I have only myself to blame.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
One question.. When did he say he had a pin lock. If I read it correctly he said couldn't figure out why their key wouldn't work in our door
I would figure they backed up to the trailer and tried to open the coach door. It would have been intresting if their door key worked..

It was a door lock wasn't it Chermanson?

I have done that with my DW's car.. Not use to driving it and walked up to open the car and the key would not fit..

FWIW
BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just what is a King Pin lock, while we're on this tangent? I've got a lock for the hitch lever, but don't recall seeing anything that went on the pin.

No pin lock

One question.. When did he say he had a pin lock. If I read it correctly he said couldn't figure out why their key wouldn't work in our door
I would figure they backed up to the trailer and tried to open the coach door. It would have been intresting if their door key worked..

It was a door lock wasn't it Chermanson?

I have done that with my DW's car.. Not use to driving it and walked up to open the car and the key would not fit..

FWIW
BC
No I do not have a pin lock. Yes the door was locked. It was just a mistake they backed up to our rig. It would have been hard to pull away
with 3 slides out. And yes if the door was unlocked or their key would have worked they could have pulled away. But, in 40 years of camping
I have never felt anybody has ever tried to break into or damage any of our stuff. Maybe times are changing and I shouldn't be so trustworthy.
But we campers are a different breed