washing machine vent

We have recently purchased a 2009 Bighorn 3385RL and have moved the Splendide vented washing machine from our former unit. I asked the dealership if they had a template for drilling the vent hole but they couldn't help me. (on the former unit I waited for a humid morning when the dew indicated the studs but I thought maybe I should go higher tech this time) Is there such a thing or a specific measurement to use?
Thanx
Ted
E-Gr_Hauler:cool:

davebennington

I am not sure but I think Heartland can supply you a template as to where the studs are and where you can cut a hole, they had one for my trailer. I had my Splindie installed by Camping World and they cannot follow instructions and drilled in the wrong place.

Dave

tcbrady

Ted - There is no framing between the bedroom window and the front of the unit on the doorside in the 3385 so you should be OK

Coley
Thanks for the info - right now we are on our seasonal site which doesn't encourage washing machines in units but when we go south for the winter we use the washer all the time. With this info I will be able to hook up the vent at my leisure. As an aside do you realize how tight a sqeeze it was to get the machine in even with the hall handrail and bedroom door removed? Nevertheless it's in and that's what counts with Gail.
Ted
E-Gr_Hauler

ralphpam

We have a 3670RL and called the factory which told us there was no framing. Wrong there was a large piece of aluminum where we first tried to drill. Luckily we were able to move over a little and get through but you can now see the piece of aluminum in the closet. Get a stud finder and double check before drilling. I did not have mine with me and took the factories word. When I got my stud finder it did show where the piece of aluminum was and would have saved drilling in the wrong place the first time.