2009 Southern California Fall Rally, Buellton, CA

Wished we could join this group sounds like fun! We are going to be just up the road in Oceano, Pacific Dunes Ranch for thanksgiving with a group. Hope you all have a great time.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Mercuryman, my man, lol, if you are in the area for nov 13-15 you are more than welcome to join the group. We are closing in on 30 rigs. Come a little early and the socal chapter will welcome you with open arms.
Won't you folks? We are planning new activities he he he all the time. Could use someone from another planet.

Larryheadhunter

GOLF AND/OR WINE TASTING TOURS

Anyone who plays golf please refer to post #99 of this thread to give our favorite SOB, John Dawson a call at 831-234-4326 to set up your golf game day and tee times. Don't be late, we are keeping count. He would like to play on Friday, and if enough want to on Saturday or Sunday. There are 2 courses, one 9 hole next door to Flying Flags, and an expensive Championship golf course nearby. Speak with John about the details.

Now let's start talking about 4 hour wine tasting tours. Are you ready to taste some great wines in local Santa Ynez Valley? If you are, now is the time to sign up and get ready to rock and roll. Please call me Larry Kuhn at 949 306 2360 if you want to go wine tasting either before the main rally or during. Normally it costs about $10-12 per person per wine tasting, and if our guide takes us to 4 wineries and we stop and eat lunch (either bring your own or we will order from the local tasty deli, to be picked up along the way) and also see a bunch of neat local gardens and secret hideaways, it should be a barrel of fun. Cost will be around $75 per person and lunch cost. Debbi and I will be selecting the wineries, but if you have any personal preferences, please let me know asap. We will have one tour on Wednesday,Thursday or Friday, and one or two on Saturday depending on interest level.

This info is also on the main rally thread post#1 so reread that post for all changes and alterations to our schedule.

Bram

Larry,
It sound like so much fun we have decided to come in on Thurs/12 instead of Fri. Flying Flags has been notified.

We will be bringing a couple of Tri Tips for the Pot Luck.

We are in for the Wine Tasting, now either Fri/Sat/Sun, which ever works for your schedule.

Looking forward to it, Bram & Sherry

Dale and Jen

Funtimers
Dale and Jenny want to thank Larry and Debbi for a fantastic rally in Buellton! You did a great job. We had a wonderful time. Great meeting such wonderful people! Look forward to seeing all again soon!

62cwil

I also would like to thank Larry and Debbie for an outstanding fun rally. You guys put in a lot of hard work and I for one appreciate it. For anyone who has never been a wagonmaster you can't imagine what a wagonmaster goes thru. We should all be thankful for them.

Charles and Joyce Wilson

Kathy and I had a great time meeting the wonderful people and dogs. Wish we could have had more time. Thanks to all for the ideas on ways to make my trailer better and easier to use. Hope you all had a safe drive home or where ever you were going. Hi to the couple who were stopped on the shoulder of Los Barros/ North Thompson Road in Nipomo at 10 am Monday morning as I passed by on my way to work in SLO.

A special thanks to Larry and Debbi for setting this up, inviting all the folks and getting folks like us from all over to come. :)

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader
THANK YOU Larry & Debbi for a GREAT Rally! We enjoyed it very much, especially meeting some wonderful members that we have not met before and being able to spend time with our friends. It was nice seeing JimB again too! I'm glad you took my suggestion on doing a rally in Buellton. ;) I had alot of confidence in both of you and knew you could do it! :) Hopefully, you'll be able to do another one next year.

Sorry to those who couldn't/didn't make it, you really missed out on a GREAT rally!

Teresa & Art

Last edited:

jal555

We would like to thank Larry & Debbi for making our first rally experience memorable. You have set the bar high for any rallies we will attend in the future. It is our hope to reconnect with many of our new Heartland friends.

DougAndJudy

Judy and I also want to thank Larry and Debbi for the great rally!

We enjoyed meeting all the people who attended, even the SOBs.. ;) We're looking forward to seeing y'all again some time.

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
Larry and Deb, I just wanted to let you guy's know you put on and excellent rally. We really enjoyed it and wanted to thank you for letting us help as much as we could. Again thank you keep in touch.

Larryheadhunter

Hi everyone,
Debbi and I want to thank all of you who attended the awesome 2009 So Cal Fall Rally in Buellton, CA. My wife deserves much applause for doing most of our work, while I rested up from my back surgery, and pointed alot. Everyone had a great time, and we had full participation in every activity from the Italian Dinner Buffet (too much food), the Potluck Dinner, Sunday nite BBQ hamburger and hot dogs,, two raffles that were successful, wine tasting, golf, every night firepit and talk, and all the meet and greets and socializing with all our new and old Heartlander good friends.

Everyone met and made new friends, especially us, and wow to all who came from Canada, Florida, Oregon, Nevada and all our good friends from CA, especially all the helpful So Calers.

We really appreciate all the help we got especially from Stacy and Butch Joyner. Both of them were there for us every day, rain or shine, to help out with everything we asked them to do and more. We also wish to thank everyone who came, enjoyed and chilled with us. It was an amazing, smooth rally, and we loved it. What was really wonderful is that almost every single person stayed involved with all the activities, and offered help and assistance without even being asked. You can now call me the So Cal delegator, as everyone pitched in to take up the slack for me.

We really missed our So Cal Chapter leader, Bob and Patty, Dave and Kathy Timpone, and Marybeth among others who for various reasons couldn't share our fun and games and missed the rally. Thank you Jim and Nancy Beletti, for coming out from Chicago and to Pismo RV who sponsored Fri nite dinner and See Grins RV for both showing 3 2010 Heartland rigs, including a Big Horn 3610RE and a Landmark Grand Canyon (Pismo RV),and Big Country (See Grins RV) . AWESOME! All the rallygoers came over and checked out all 3 beautiful rigs. Can't wait to see the new changes to the 2011 models.

Debbi and I wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving and hope to see you all down the road. We thank you all for allowing us to be the Wagon Master and Madam, as we had a ball. If you ever want us to throw another rally, just let us know. It proves that hard work and strong planning and mucho participation result in a great party. We will always remember this rally as the high point of our RVing experience..... so far. All of you feel free to keep in touch with us, camp with us, and most of all, Debbi and I wish to thank all of you who posted such great reviews of the rally. We couldn't have done it without you.

Last edited:

NorthCal Bob

Hi Everyone:

Bob and I don't want to be left out in sending our congratulations to Debbi and Larry for putting on such a Great rally. Hoo-Rah!!!! You both did such a wonderful job. We enjoyed ourselves sooooo much.

We also want to thank everyone who attended. It was such a pleasure to meet so many nice people from so many different locations. We made many new friends at this rally who shared great ideas, information, and modifications that they have made on their rigs, many of which we will certainly use.

MARYBETH...... if you read this........ WE MISSED YOU........... AND YOU REALLY MISSED OUT ON A GOOD RALLY.

Thank you again Debbi and Larry and we hope to see everyone again soon.

Bob :rolleyes: and Bo ;) and Rodeo :)

sdgirl

VERY glad you all had such a GREAT time and VERY sad we were not able to make this one~! Hopefully next time. Where are the pictures? Hugs to all and Happy Thanksgiving~

wesreed

Hi everyone, just had to comment on the great rally and what a wonderful time we had. What a great job Larry and Debbie did (mostly Debbie:)). Just kidding Larry, we all know you were non-stop even when you were in bed working on your computer. Great job.
This was our first SoCa rally, but it won't be our last.
Many thanks to all who helped get our Cyclone off the tree. It was really nice to see so many great people willing to help. It meant a lot.
Hope to see you all soon.

Wes and Dale
2009 Cyclone 3912
2008 F-350
2006 Goldwing

Mr Beletti,

We wanted to thank you for the wonderful Christmas gifts. Fed Ex delivered it last week. Both items will be put to good use..

Happy Holidays,

Jim and Lucy Reed