Edge- New owner: countertop care...etc.

janofska

Any problems with heat warping the counters? Do they stain or chip easiy?

Do you like the curved table on the 18'? What is the reasoning do you suppose? Do you use the concave in to the couch of out into the room?

Have you rigged up a curtain to hide the bed or give privacy? If so what has worked?

Thanks... new in Michigan....

rick_h

Hi there - I am a new owner as well so I don't really have any answers for you. However the pictures I see for the curved table show the curve toward the walking side. I don't think it matters much.

I would keep heat (hot pots, pans) away from the counter. By the look of the material and it being ultralight material I feel heat may damage it.

I hadn't thought of a curtain yet. I was just going to change in the bathroom if my daughters were in the trailer.

Hope you are enjoying your new Edge - we get ours in 2 days.

rl7greg

Larry77

One thing about the counters is they do scratch very easily so be careful with dishes etc...so far we have only used the table a few times and have always placed the carved out area toward the couch...doesn't seem to serve much function but doesn't hurt anything and looks cool. I haven't placed any "hot" items on the table or counter yet, have used either the stove top or the glass on top of the stove top...I don't imagine the counter surface would handle much heat.

Another note about the counters... only use soap and water, along with a SOFT rag to clean them. DO NOT use clorox wipes or any other household chemicals, for that matter. Scratched the living daylights out of mine on our first trip. Hey - at least I don't have to worry about getting the first scratch on the trailer anymore... :)

kravchuck

We were advised to use Fantastic on our counter tops. It works well without damage and does a good job with grease and dirt.

@rl7greg: DId you ever put up a curtain in your Edge M22? If so, how did you do it and how has it worked out so far? We are considering doing something like that in our M21

Jackc

Just purchased new m19. This will be our first experience with this type of counter-top. It is really helpful to be able to read what you other owners do to clean yours. Soap and water sounds like the solution for now

OKCSAM

We did put up a curtain on our M22. We purchased an adjustable spring loaded round curtain rod and a four foot 8' curtain. The rod fits snug between the wall by the fridge and upper bunk. The rod will also adjust to be placed between the pantry and the upper bunk wall if you just want to screen off the bunk beds. Works real well. We just tie the curtain back and place on upper bunk when not in use.