Generator battery connection (generator prep model)

Northern Virginia
I got an Onan 6500 that was being thrown away and have rebuilt it. It only has 312 hours and now runs like a sleeping cat:D. Granted, I have about 50 hours of labor into getting her running again but the price was hard to beat.

Our Landmark has the generator prep. I have found the remote wiring harness but am not sure where the battery cables would connect to. I am thinking they land at the tap for the hydraulic pump? Does anyone know where the connection is made?

Thanks- John

Loco

Our Gen Set in our 3795 Cyclone. The positive was hook right to our master battery switch next to the battery box. The neg is hooked right to the battery. You want to be as close to the battery as you can. I would wire it like above or add another battery with master switch like I did. I have a battery just for Gen-Set starting now with a master switch. That way if we run main battery down I can start Gen Set.

Northern Virginia
Loco- you got me on the right track-thanks

I tried to hook up to the lugs at the hydraulic pump but the AWG 6 wire that feeds the pump was too small (the starter clicks). That turns out to be the same size wire that is connected to the battery. I ended up running #2 welding cable directly to the battery and the generator started just fine.