Wet Ceiling

DntDctr

Hey all,
We went on our second trip with our 28bhs sundance. Love the trailer, hate the mattress. First trip we had wobble, wobble, wobble. So much that when I was in bed and my 2 yr old bounced in the bunk the whole thing shook.. Okay, I bought the JT Strong Arms? I LOVE THEM! They took out all of the shake in the trailer, even when someone enters/exits. I highly recommend them. Be warned tho it took me about 3 1/2 hrs to install them and I'm pretty handy.
Question is when we camped the vents in the ceiling were wet , almost dripping everyplace there was hose in the ceiling. It almost ran in a straight line from the A/C unit to the ceiling vents. How do I get rid of this and is it normal. A/C worked great as did everything else. Just wondering about the moisture issue. Any help would be appreciate.
Thanks,
Paul

SmokeyBare

Sounds like you've got a little Condensation happening on the vents. Hot & Muggy outside... Cool A/C air in the Trailer. Might consider those vents you are not opening... some kind of cover. I was just at a Camping World and they do make a plastic vent cover that seals from the inside. Or you can use some of your own created cover. It's worth a try to see if this is what's happening.

DntDctr

condensation

Hey Marv, thanks for the reply. I guess I wasn't specific enough. The vents themselves are dry but the ceiling was wet only where the hose would lead to the vents. From the ac to the vent was wet on the ceiling.
I assume it was just condensation also but am looking for a remedy. Had to constantly wipe the ceiling with a towel.
Paul

SmokeyBare

Paul,

Sorry for my confusion... I got the picture now ! :)

I used the metal foil type duct tape to smooth the air flow as it entered the ceiling ducts from the A/C... I also used this same foil tape on each ceiling vent opening.

I removed each ceiling vent cover... and sealed the space between the A/C duct work and the ceiling of the BigHorn. I found several spots where the Cold A/C air could flow above the ceiling from those openings. Doing this I feel I am now putting the Cold Air where I wanted it.

I also blocked the duct work at the ends of each Run. Where the last ceiling vent is located... I put a block just past that to prevent any of that Cold Air from going past the vent. My Thinking was if there by chance was a leak at the end of the Duct Run... I put a stop to the loss of Cold Air by blocking the duct.

I also have bought 2 more ceiling Vents. I have yet to install them... but they are going in the Living Room - Kitchen area. I feel additional vents will also improve the flow of Cold A/C Air to the living area of the RV.

Hope this will help with your issue....

Marv

Mariposa

water dripping

DntDctr
Leaking A/C air in the ceiling area above the room ceiling was causing condensation on the metal parts, causing water to collect on the top part of ceilling and drip though. fix was the tape and making sure each vent was blowing air into the room.
Mariposa
Bob