Slam Latch Baggage Door Discussion

Bobgy

3 weeks ago we went to Camper World to get our slam baggage door looked at. As we are having the same problem of it rubbing on the frame.
We set up an appointment for June 26 to have it repaired. We then were told we need to take pictures as Heartland wanted pictures of the problem. So far Heartland has not contacted Camper World and the pictures have been sent. We are now waiting for Camper World to get back with us. We have seen this same problem when we went to Elkhart to pick up our 5th wheel. It was also on the same one we have: 2010 3580.

Bobby A

Bobgy,

What a coincidence, we have a 2010 3580, this is the 2nd S/baggage door that has gone bad. The 1st one started seperating enter from the outer skin, we were in Elkhart a couple months back and RV capital put a new one on. Email me or PM me with the issues you are having with yours. We should compare notes.

Bobby A

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bobby and Bob, I think that Mor/ryde is aware of the problem with the slam doors. I think I read that they are working on a new design. You might want to contact Mor/ryde about this. Bob

Bobgy

Bobby,
Were you the folks that has the floor replaced at the factory in March or April?
We did hear back from Camper World and Heartland is going to repair it but, it looks like it will be a while. We hope by the middle of July. But, if this is your second door, I wonder if they have the problem corrected?
Thanks, Bobgy

Bobby A

Yes, Bobgy that was us, how did you know ?? were you the other folks that was at RV Capital and took your unit to the factory the same day we did ??

Bob & Patty, I thought I heard somewhere that Dometic was making the slam baggage doors ??

Thanks guys,
Bobby A

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bobby, you could be right. I could have sworn that I typed in Lippert. I thought that they were the ones making them. Now I am really confused:confused::confused: Bob:eek:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Remember at the Heartland Rally we tour Mor-Ryde and they told us they were making the slam doors. Heartland Customer Service can confirm the supplier of them

Bobby A

Well. who ever is making these slam baggage doors, there seems to be a problem with them. It's an awsome addition to the coach but they need to get the problem resolved. It shouldn't be to hard to do, they been putting them in motor homes for years.

Bobgy

Yes Bobby A, that was us. We got great service at the factory, they fixed our problems. And since then we have been to several places and had no problems at all. Until the slam door. But, I guess that will get fixed in time. The concern we have is its rubbing on the 5th wheel and I don't want to get the 5th wheel scratched, I can do that by myself. We need to get it done before the middle of July as we have several trips planned. One being with the Colorado Club. which we are looking forward too. Let me know when you get yours fixed and if it solved the problem.
Thanks, Bob

jbeletti

Guess I should have "searched" first.

You'll never get chastised here for not searching first :) We're a pretty friendly bunch. Something that sets this forum apart from others a bit.

But once you use the Google Search tool here, you'll love it.

Jim

skyguy

Code words for the secret handshake that only 2010 owners share
Actually, check out the entire thread - see page one, msg 1

palebluedot

2010 Bighorn Cargo Door Issue

If you read my post in the "Welcome" area you are aware of the issue with the new type lift-up cargo door on the 2010 models. Apparently they can not be aligned or adjusted properly resulting in the door scraping the side of the unit when opened along with a bad leak into the cargo area. I took the new 3610RE Bighorn to the dealer last week and received a call today informing me that the new door unit will arrive on July 17th from the vendor (Lippert ?) and I will be called when it is installed. We have a trip planned for the last week of July, so hope everything goes right. Will post the results. The new type latches on the cargo doors are great by the way. Wish everyone a happy & safe July 4th.

Bobby A

I think you mean the new Slam Baggage Doors ?? Many of us are having issues with them. It is a wonderful addition if they can get the problems resolved. I have had two of them gone bad, waiting on Heartland to advise on the 3rd one. I have heard the manufacture of them is Mor/Ride and they are aware there is a problem, as per another post on this issue.
Bobby A