Problem with Jack Crank Handle

rick_h

We just picked up our M18 today, One peeve of mine is the crank handle is about 3 inches too short. At the front if it is all the way in it scraps against the convex front of the trailer. At the back it hits when a license plate is mounted.

I am going to have to cut it and weld a piece in to extend it.

Other than on other issue we are quite pleased with it.

Larry77

This is a pretty silly issue for the factory to create...I don't weld so do you think I could buy one longer?

I have also used a cordless drill that my buddy swears by...it worked fine but I don't really want to worry about keeping it charged.

kampfirekid

Don't mess around. Call Heartland direct. Ask for the warranty department. Talk to the head there and explain the problem. I am CERTAIN they are working on it, or will be soon. I'll bet they ship you a longer handle or will ship one as soon as they have the redeisigned handle available. I have been working with Heartland on some warranty issues with our North trail and they really are interested in what their customers have to say.

Hmmm, my jack crank handle works fine with no clearance issues. I don’t use it though, I use a small impact cordless drill with a 3/4 socket.

rick_h

Just an update.

I contacted Heartlands service dept. and they are investigating. They are also sending me a new handle.

Zeman

Build date of 5/2009--same issue with my M-22--crank handle too short--will contact Heartland.

RonBB

When I took my M 18 back to the dealer to repair some issues after my first camping trip they swapped out the crank for a longer one they had in their accessory area. I checked to make sure it was long enough but have to say I normally only use the battery powered drill and a socket.