My new M-18

RonBB

Hi again Larry, We inked a deal on an M 18 this past weekend pending a successful test pull with my Acura MDX on the pickup day this week. i really like the light shades that you made for yours. Could you elaborate a bit with regard to the shades? Did you fabricate them? Are they attached with velco? Your comments on this forum helped with our decision to purchase the Edge. Ron :)

Larry77

Toshiba is a 22"

The panels are attached with stick on velcro they are made of a thick vinyl with sewed in velcro around the edges--my Dad made them for me he's in upholstery.

RonBB

I was looking at the shelving in the M 18 at the dealer today. Specifically, I was looking at the area where you have your 22" TV. It looks to be pretty thin. Did you beef it up or is your TV mounted to the wall behind it? I'm thinking I will get a simiar sized TV. I would like to permanently mount the TV in that area so it can travel there. Any thoughts?

Larry77

I've looked into mounting it and so far haven't because of exactly what you have pointed out. Right now, I just take it down for travel-hasn't been a problem, but I may end up finding a way to mount it to the back wall or to a reinforced plate.

RonBB

I've looked into mounting it and so far haven't because of exactly what you have pointed out. Right now, I just take it down for travel-hasn't been a problem, but I may end up finding a way to mount it to the back wall or to a reinforced plate.
Exactly my thoughts. Thanks

rick_h

I had the same thoughts with our TV.

I installed 3 drawer handles. 1 in front and 2 in back of the tv when it was laying face down. I put down one of our towels under the TV and bungy it down for travel.

RonBB

I am supposed to pickup my M 18 next week. I think I'll probably have some more ideas after I get it home & spend a couple of nights in it. Thanks for the comments. Ron

rl7greg

The panels are attached with stick on velcro they are made of a thick vinyl with sewed in velcro around the edges--my Dad made them for me he's in upholstery.

I don't think I could ever make them as nice as yours, so I started looking for a commercial product... I didn't measure yet, but I think these would probably work:
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rvmhac_ventshade.asp?m=01010405
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rvmhac_doorshade.asp?m=01010416
Looks like around $32-$44 each online...

It's kind of silly to have such nice blackout shades on the windows, but nothing on the vent and door. And my kids are used to those shades on their windows at home, and if it gets them to sleep another hour, it's worth every penny :p

RonBB

The Trailer is back at the Dealer for a few items. Before I took it in I installed a 22 inch Flat Screen TV. I mounted it in the same location as Larry. I wanted to mount it such that it could travel in place without much modification. Basically I cut out a piece of 3/8 inch plywood (I had on hand) the size of the bottom of the area for the TV. On the bottom of that Plywood I located three wide strips of Industrical Strength Velco with the mating side under it affixed to the cabinet. I drilled & counter sunk two 1/4-20 screws up through the plywood so they could pass through two holes I drilled in the base of the TV stand. Lowes had some plastic wing nuts which along with a fiber washer with a steel washer screwed down to hold the TV in place. I also mounted a cabinet door handle to one side to give me something to pull out the plywood should I ever have a need. I have towed the TT approximately 150 miles thus far with no problems. As added insurance I installed two pairs of eye screws into the rear of the fascial on the factory trim which surrounds the opening to allow a couple of bunge cords to be streched in front of the TV while traveling for extra support in the event of an accident. I will post photos at some point when I get the trailer back.

caver

Can an adult sleep on the couch in the M-18? I found out about the MPG and then was told about the Edge units.

Gillbiss

Be carefull the bunk is rated at 100 lbs and it seem generous. However it has 80 inches long and 33 inches wide.

rick_h

100 lbs max - NOT 100.0000000009 lbs. My daughter last year was just under 100 lbs and the bunk was taxed. It has now been modified.