cleaning slides

k-f-Indiana

Does anyone have a method for cleaning the top of your slides after camping under trees? I know their are awnings for the slides, but we haven't got to that yet, and we're concerned about sticks, leaves, branches being up there when we retract the slides and causing damage. Any ideas or experience with this?

jimtoo

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. You will find lots of great people here with all kinds of information.

Most people that don't have slide awnings just get up on the roof and sweep them off if they are camping in an area with lots of leaves or pine needles.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Karen, while I have slide topper awnings, my brother carries a leaf blower to clean his slides off. Works for him.

Peace
Dave

aatauses

We have slide cleaning on our list to do before we leave. I just go up on the roof with a small broom and sweep them off---while there check to see everything is down (antenna, vents, etc.)
aatauses

CrazyScotsman

I get up there with a broom. No I don't sit on the broom to get on the roof.
I just washed the roof and the whole trailer this morning. Now that is a workout.

Netem

I too climb the ladder and broom them off before I close things up. Your right Ken the only thing worse than cleaning the roof and trailer is when its time to wax the beast.

CrazyScotsman

Netem.... I waxed the nose cone yesterday am, before we left for a short weekend trip, it's amazing how many bugs can be splattered allover the nose in 50 miles.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Even with slide awnings, I still get up on the roof and broom them, the roof, and the gutters clear. Broom as much as I can reach of the main awning, too. Good to get up there periodically and check things. Found a small spot of caulking along the front cap seam that was missing or had shrunk back. Filled it back in with some exterior caulk. Managed to add some gutter extensions to the rig, too. Had purchased them some time ago for the TT, but they wouldn't fit.