water leak in 3100RL bedroom

earagon

Hi all - I wonder if anyone else has this problem and, if so, how it was remedied?? We obviously have a water leak because we have wet carpet on the floor to the left of the bed after it rains. We think it may have something to do with the slide since it is adjacent to the bed slide but we cannot find evidence of a leak in the slide seal, the roof, the ceiling, or the wall. I guess it will require a trip to the dealer but since it is a long distance and a major inconvenience, I wondered if anyone else has experienced the same problem. If we could find the leak, possibly we could caulk it or repair it ourselves. Thanks so much for any input you can provide!

geeksrus

We had the same problem on our previous unit, a Cardinal 5er. Twice the dealer tried to find/correct the problem without any luck.

I determined it was leaking at the bottom corner of the slide where the horizontal & vertical rubber seals meet. My solution was to stuff pieces of one of those disk washing sponges into the corner once the slides where out & after that no leak. I had cut the sponge in 3-4 pieces & dampened it prior to stuffing it in. Also, I would remove the pieces before putting the slide in.

Eh!

SmokeyBare

Make sure all your wiper seals on the slide rooms are facing OUT... that they are not rolled under or back into the slide room... check the top slide seal... look for any gaps where the water can flow into and then down the side rails and onto the floor. IF the slide room is out of adjustment... and the slide seal is not making full contact to the surface of the slide room... it can leak.

Marv

tmcran

Do a search on this. Several of us including myself has had this problem. Most are due to the dam not being installed correctly. It can be difficult to fix. The water is coming in from the bottom. Ours was coming in between the bed and the lav.

Check the Slide Gasket if it only leaks when the slide is in . We have a new BigHorn and it leaks when the Slide is in The dealer has ordered new gasket. :( still waiting for the parts.

Dealer installed slide toppers to help reduce the water entering the unit.