White Oak Shores, Stella, NC

timdebs

We are presently staying at White Oak Shores located in Stella, NC. It is right the White Oak River. Our maiden voyage on our new 2009 Pinehurst was to Urbana, Va. (Bethpage Camp Resort). Next trip is to drop middle son of at Appalachian State University and then to BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY!

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Hey timdebs, how are you liking your new Pinehurst so far. Got mine the end of March and am totally in love. Spent the 4th of July weekend at a small campground in southern Virginia Beach (only a mile from NC and Knotts Island) Had a ball. Next weekend it's off to one of our favorite spots, Chippokes Plantation State Park in Surry.

Just can't seem to get enough time in the Pinehurst. We've had a few minor problems but over all I couldn't be happier.

Keith

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We love BethPage. Been there twice in the past year. Glad you're enjoying the new Pinehurst. Also, I'm sending you an email about our VA/NC/MD/WV Owner's Club and Fall Rally.

Gus

timdebs

Thank you for your replies, Chippokes is one of our favorite places to camp, We go there for Thanksgiving every year and pretend to be pilgrims and indians. What kind of problems did you have with your Pinehurst? I had a leak by the furnace. I do have to take it back to Camping World next week to get some warranty work (replace damaged door to bedroom) done and I am going to add the second air conditioner.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Thank you for your replies, Chippokes is one of our favorite places to camp, We go there for Thanksgiving every year and pretend to be pilgrims and indians. What kind of problems did you have with your Pinehurst? I had a leak by the furnace. I do have to take it back to Camping World next week to get some warranty work (replace damaged door to bedroom) done and I am going to add the second air conditioner.

My a/c quit working and had to be totally replaced. Ended up camping over the Memorial Day weekend with windows open and several portable fans blowing. Wasn't nearly as bad as I feared.

Otherwise I had a list of 7 very minor items that I found during the first 3 camping trips (rubber seal on the kitchen side of the offdoor slide came off when rubbing up against the steps, speaker in the bedroom didn't work, etc. and a few other minor things that Chesapeake RV Solutions took care of without batting an eye. I'm really lucky to have just a great dealer so close by.

So far, the only leak I has was at the base of the shower and RV Solutions fix that on my first visit to them. Haven't seen a drop of water out of place since then...knock on wood.

Are you going to make the fall get together at Camp Hatteras in September?? We're signed up and it's looking like it will be a fantastic time. If you haven't signed up yet you really ought to consider it. We can compare notes...

Keith

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Yes we are planning on going. We live in New Bern, NC so it is not a bad drive.

That's terrific. As soon as you get a site number from the Campground, let us know so we can keep our list up to date. Look forward to meeting you!

Gus

timdebs

I will call Merrin on Saturday to book everything. Looking forward to meeting every one. I also sent you an email about joining Va. Chapter