Edge M22 Door Hook

DLandry

I have a new Edge M22 and really like it so far although we haven't gone camping yet. The other day I was working in the trailer and the wind started to blow. I was standing outside by the door and noticed that the screws holding the door hook were pulling right out of the door. I tried reattaching them but there doesn't seem to be anything inside the door for it to screw into. I called my dealer and I will bring it back next week for them to fix it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? The door is very lightweight and there doesn't seem to be any mass to attach a screw to. Any ideas on how to reattach it? I have attached a couple of photos to show what I mean.

Regards, - Don Landry :confused:

Attachments

• P7150013 - Copy.JPG
    P7150013 - Copy.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 69
  • P7150010 - Copy.JPG
    P7150010 - Copy.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 67

gmc

Reitired - California-Central Chapter Leaders
I would try a little gorilla glue, a very little as it does expand, and it is very strong.

salwolfe

I have a new M21 that is on its first trip and I have the same problem. The dealer tried puttin in larger top screws on the door latch and they only lasted for the first time that a 15 mile per hour wind came up. They are loose now. Also the hook came totally out and now we have no door stop at all. This is a very poor design. Hopefully between me, the dealer, and maybe the factory we can come with a solution to this when I get back home.

Steve
2010 M21
2009 Dodge Ram 1500

kampfirekid

You might try to replace the screws with some stainless sex bolts. They are bolts that looks like a barrel with a screw head, and instead of a nut for the other end, they have another screw that threads into the barrel. These would pass through the door entirely, but would never pull out. A bit of silicone one each end would temper any leaks.

rl7greg

My M22 is at the dealership now. I went to have a look and one of the things on my list was to check out the door latch. Well, they seemed to have solved the problem...it's not there on mine ;-)

I think glue + the bolts kampfirekidd mentioned would be the best way to fix it though.

mikeyy53

I had the same problem on my M21. The latch is a waste of time. I fixed mine by using Gorilla Glue on a toothpick for each srew am\nd reinstalled them. seems to be working. We are going to use a section of a water noodle to put on the awning arm and find a different way to keep th door open. Even with tthe latch our door hits the awning, since we have full body paint the nicks show up immediately1

Larry77

Installed my own door latch the other day because my M-18 didn't come with one...I put a little glue Gorilla Glue on it then some silicon on the screws...seems to hold real well so far.
IMG_3607.jpg

DLandry

Door Hook Fix

My dealer popped in 4 rivets and it's better than new now. Took him about 5 minutes to fix it.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

- Don

Zeman

Don---did you ever fix your door? I think the door needs a limit strap to prevent the door from hitting the awning arm when stowed. The bump stop is not so good as the door will still hit the awning arm. Looks as if your best bet would be to go all the way through the door with a fender washer and nyloc nut on the inside. What happens to the body side then, I don't know. I will be addressing this before spring is over.

OOPS--I don't know how I missed the prior post!!

Last edited: