Getting the Level Up Installed

kkamshop

Hi guys,
anyone in Elkhart this week? We'll be taking the LM up to TrailAir to have the Level Up system installed on Monday.

That was a offer I just couldn't pass on, Kathy just shakes her head :)

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Hi Kathy, Ken does the same thing all those guy toys and I like you just shake my head too I told him he better get all he can cause I am retiring soon and no more toys. See you in Oct. Kathy:)

Tom of Ypsi

After getting the level up system and being in your coach you will never regret getting the system. We could not be any happier and would do it again if we ever have the need to.

osims

bsims
At the price it was offered at the rally i,m still kicking myself in the behind for not gettig it installed while we were in Elkhart. I know you will love it.
Bill

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
TrailAir is owned by Lippert and can you trust anything from Lippert?

Eh!

They may be owned by Lippert, but it is still run by Dale Fenton the inventor/patent holder of all the Trailair components. As far as we're concerned you can trust that man with anything, and that also goes for Ron in his shop who does the installs...top notch, great people!!

As for the price Tom, if you were at the rally, and I know you were, they are guaranteeing the price for all attendees, at $2,000 for the Level-up which is the four legs surrounding the axles. You have a Bighorn like us so it's an additional charge of $800.00 for the new hydraulic front legs. These things are great...they are the same 5-degree outward leaning legs that they use on the new Mobile Suites...and they are SWEET! Remember you have to add installation to this, which cost around $500. If you want the remote system it will also cost extra..but it's not a necessity...but it is sure nice though. Without the remote it's around $3,300-$3,500 plus tax.

I'd call and see just how long they are honoring that offer, but my conversation with them indicated that it's good just as long as you were at the rally...Good Luck!

Tom of Ypsi

I concur with everything Kathy and Ken Adams wrote and yes I can trust things being made by Lippert. They are not perfect, Heartland is not perfect in fact none of us are perfect but that does not mean I do not trust anything that is not perfect.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I've been following this thread for a couple of days now, hopin I'd learn what the "level-up" system was without havin to show my stupidity.

Alas, no one explained it, so now I gotta ask (and prove my ignorance) -- :eek:

What is the level up system and what is it desgned to do?:confused:

Thanks,

Dummy Keith

kakampers

No question is stupid, unless it's never asked..:)

The level-up is a hydraulic leving system, similar to the Bigfoot. However, instead of only four legs (the two landing gear and then two legs behind the axles), it has six legs. It includes two legs just in front of the axles.

This system is designed to completely level the coach side-to-side and front-to-back, for the most part without having to ride up on boards or anything. Just touch a bottom and "level it up". I wasn't sure I really wanted to spend the money, but with living in this unit, I'm really glad I did it...one of the best features is it virtually removes all movement in the coach, even without JT's installed. They were removed and we haven't seen the need to reinstall them...hope this helps.

kakampers

Porthole...that's very true, didn't even think that not everyone would know what JT's are...

JT's are a set of six adjustable bars which attach to the landing gear and the rear stabilizers. The are used to help eliminate the front-to-back and side-to-side movement of the 5er/TT when parked.

As for selling them..hadn't thought about, especially since we only have 4...when we got the Bighorn with the electric rear jacks, couldn't figure out how to attach those two so we gave them away...I'll have to talk to DH to see what he wants to do. They can't be used on our landing gear as they are no feet that drop, or snap pins to deal with...don't need them anyway.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
kakampers,

Yep that answers my question. Really appreciate the answer. I had a suspicion that is what the level-up was but wasn't exactly sure. I had no idea it included 6 legs though. Thanks much.

Porthole,

Thanks for the help but I already knew what the jt's were. I've got a set sitting in my den that I bought for my SOB. Trouble is, I didn't own it long enough to get them installed. Saw a Heartland, fell in love with a Landmark and sold the SOB after only a year.

Took a bath on that one but don't regret the decision one bit. Getting a Heartland was the best thing I ever did. Funny thing is, one of the deciding factors was this forum. Someone told me about it and I started lurking and reading. Nothing anywhere near like it for my SOB. I had so many questions and had virtually no where to turn.

then I run into folks like you who answer all the questions I have or set me off in the right direction to find the answer... Great bunch of folks!!

kkamshop

Well, we got it home safe and sound and outfitted with a cool new leveling system.

We were telling the installer about the water in the belly issue and he said he has not seen a dry one yet - in any Mobile Suites, Cedar Creek or Heartland unit he has worked on.

So we are thinking of fastening plastic sheeting to the underside of the floor, putting the dry insulation in that, and making drainage holes in the new corrugated underbelly material. At least that way, the insulation might stay dry enough to have some R value.

Delaine and Lindy

You will not be sorry for the upgrade. When you spot the 5th wheel it takes less than 5 minute to drop the 5er and have it level no more plastic blocks or wooden boards. We do carry a set of plastic blocks just in case the site is very unlevel to put under the jacks. We have 2009 Mobile Suites and have the Generation 1 level up system. And its awesome, we have 6 Hydraulic jacks and we can raise the wheels off the ground and believe me the Mobile Suites is very heavy. Lippert does own Trailair but I have Known Dale for several years he is a very honest man. He was at our Suites Rally in June. I have owned 5ers with hydraulic Jacks before, but the Level up system is awesome. We were lucky at the Suites Rally the owner of Drv gave anyone who ordered a new 2010 Elite/Mobile Suites $5,400 dollars in options which included a Samsung TV, Level up system, Electric Awning and some other option. I highly recomend the upgrade to the Level up system. Good Luck and have fun. And it doesn't take long at all, we had a friend who had it installed while we were at the rally, he was at Lippert less than half of the evening. GBY.....

kwolbeck

Ken & Kathy, Congrats on your new install. We are scheduled for the morning of 3 August to have the Level-Up system installed on our Grand Canyon, anxiously awaiting this road trip to Elkhart. Was wondering if you could tell what the time frame was for Trail Air to complete the install on your rig. We are trying to plan our post install drive up to Great Lakes to visit our son.

Thanks, Kevin

kkamshop

It took 4 hours for the Level Up install and another hour for the installation of a wet bolt kit - replaced those plastic bushings with brass ones. One man did all the work.

They have an electric hookup site if you arrive the night before, but I had to park next to the building because someone else was already in the site.

jbeletti

Kevin and Nelly,

I may be in Elkhart the week you are. Be neat to see you there. I am emailing you my phone number.

Jim

kwolbeck

Thanks for the install time frame. Should fit very nice into our travel plans.:)

Jim, we will give you a call, your email with phone number was received.

We are also hoping to run over to Classy Chassis Trucks in Valparaiso, IN as soon as we drop off the Grand Canyon. The trucks on their web site, www.classychassistrucks.com have sparked my interest. I think it is about an hour drive from Elkhart.