How to wash the RV on the road?

Boca_Shuffles

Most campgrounds we have stayed at have a policy statement of "No Washing" of the RV. Where do you clean your RV when on the road for several weeks or months?

It seems like most manufacturers do not recommend using power washers. Also it is sometimes hard to find commercial locations that will hold a 13 foot high RV in the power sprayer area.

Are commercial semi-truck wash locations too harsh on the external attachments and decals on a RV?

Your suggestions please.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I've got a couple of suggestions, one of which I've tried. I bought some of the Dri Wash N Gard for use when the rig is not too dirty. Just brush off the worst dust, spray it on and wipe it off. Very nice shine and not a lot of work. It seems to work better when you have a good "base coat" on the trailer.

The other method is to use a pump sprayer and wash down small sections of the trailer. It seems to me that this would work with a simple spray bottle too if you didn't have the pump-up sprayer.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have "bucket washed" my RV at RV parks. Most do not mind if you "bucket wash" the front cap to get the bugs off shortly after you arrive. I have also used a spray water bottle like Jay suggested. It is more work but it does help keep it clean. BTW when I say bucket wash what I mean is soap and water in the bucket to use with a long handled brush, then use a garden hose with a nossle that has a trigger sprayer which cuts off the water when not rinsing. I have never been questioned by park management doing it this way.

Rigmover06

I used to wash my rig at the streaking Beacon, until I found out that they recycle the water.
The acids and stuff from when they use the brightener and acidizing goes back through and raised **** on my tanks and wheels.
Just my .02 worth

Boca_Shuffles

jayc, Thanks for the suggestion on the Dri Wash N Gard. I'll put a coat on when my unit is home and clean before the trip.

I usually wait for a rainy day and wash the RV with a bucket wash then. Trouble was when we went to Arizona, we didn't have a rainy day for four weeks.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I have used the Blue Beacon a couple of times. They do a great job, have never had an issue. The prices vary across the country. Had the rig and the truck washed in Arizona, close to Tuscon for about $40.00. The ones around Houston want about $60+/-. They turned about 8 guys lose on it and was done in less than 20 min and on my way. I usually will look for any Big Rig wash just before pulling in and that way it is clean when I arrive. Most big Truck Stops have a wash place.

trvlrerik

At Blue Beacon I always tell them no acid, they have some rainx stuff that does a good job of keeping bugs and streaks from sticking to the gel-coat a front cap. they usually do a great job. Sometimes the wait in line can be nearly an hour however to get washed.

using truck washes

when ever u go into a beacon tell them citrus not brighter the citrus will clean like acid without the harmful effects. yes if u like the rainex does work pretty well.

Tom of Ypsi

I have a 2 gallon garden sprayer that I use after a day of driving. I usually wet the cap down scrub with my soft bristle brush then spray down again. So far no problems with campgrounds.