What GPS are you using to Geocache ?

jimtoo

Hi SpaGuru,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help.

I hope you find the information your looking for and enjoy the forum. And if you need help, just ask.

Jim M

BruteForce

Garmin 60CSX and a eTrex Legend as backup.

I also take my Dell Axim X51v (PDA) using BackCountry Navigator with satellite and topo maps. This solution provides me with the Hints and original text from the cache.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
Garmin 60CSX and a eTrex Legend as backup.

I also take my Dell Axim X51v (PDA) using BackCountry Navigator with satellite and topo maps. This solution provides me with the Hints and original text from the cache.

I would have to say you take your Geo-caching very seriously. Great set-up. I have only done it a few times, had a lot of fun but other things keep me busy. I use my equipment primarily for locating a spot again or getting me safely out of there.

I use my Garmin Vista sparingly (Even with spare batteries) as it is a power-hungry beast, a compass, common sense. All three in concert have never failed me either when used in the correct proportions. LOL!:)

olcoon

TXBobcat,
According to Garmin's website, the 60CSX does have a Barometric altimeter. The unit I've got is the GPS Map76s and it's also got one. I hardley use it though, but I'm not in the mountains often, and don't have much of a use for it here in MO. One thing about the 60CSX, and the one that I've got is that you can put trails, roads, etc on a topo map if you get the topo map sofware. I've got some property in the Missouri Ozarks, and I've marked the property lines, along with roads, trails, and deer stands on the topo map. If I upgrade mine I've thought that I'd get the 60CSX, I don't know how it stands now, but from what I understand, at least when it first came out, it had the best & newest antenna so it would be more accurate, and would acquire the satelittes faster. Also, if you haven't got one yet, the cheapest place to get one is off the net. I've bought several from www.tvnav.com and the first one I got, I ordered it before 9:00 am one day, and by 5:00pm the next I had it in my hands, and I didn't pay for next day delivery! Also, Geocaching is the best way to learn how to use the GPS!