Day/NIght Shades - help

larneal

One of my day/night shades has pulled loose from the top but I can't get to it without taking the cover off. I don't know what you call this cover but it goes accross the top and down each side. Does anybody know how to take this cover off? This is on the 3385 Big Horn but I would think they are the some on all Heartland models. I appreciate any suggestions.

Larry Neal
New Heartland Owner

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
The top is called the "valance". Ours appeared to be screwed, on the inside, directly to the cabinet above. The sides, or "lambriquins" (sic), are screwed from the inside directly to the wall. Be aware that these are actually one-piece units. The sides and top are NOT separate.

Carefully look or feel inside to locate the screws...hope this helps.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Larry, feel in the outer corners of the fabric folds for the head of a screw. Both the top outer corners and the bottom outer corners. As kakampers said too, if your valence is under a cabinet there should be a screw or 2 up throught the header board. All screws are #2 square head.

Bobby A

Don't want to take over your thread but while you guys are on the subject of night/day shades. My rear shade bows and it drives me crazy, I was at RV Capital a couple months back and they told me that was normal because of the window being so big. I have had two other 5th wheels with big windows in the back and never had the night/day shades bow. It's really only noticable when shades are in the up position, which is mainly how we keep it because we over look a lake and keep the shades up so we get the nice view. thanks

jbeletti

Bobby,

Mine bows as well. While not desired - it's likely normal "for the shade we are using".

Is there a shade in this length that uses a heavier gauge metal in the bottom support of the shade to give it the stiffness to not flex/bow like it does? Probably. I apologize that we do not use it if it exists.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Ditto on the rear shade bowing. We've played with it and can't do anything about it. Call it a "Design Element." As for the stapled together side valances (lammykins??), if you bump them and the two pieces come apart, here's the fix (other than ripping them off the wall). Go to a craft store and get a bottle of Aleene's No-Sew fabric glue. Remove the now useless 1/4" staples and apply a generous bead down the length between the two sections. Clamp them together (taping works in a pinch) and they'll hold together when the glue dries.

Bobby A

Bobby,

Mine bows as well. While not desired - it's likely normal "for the shade we are using".

Is there a shade in this length that uses a heavier gauge metal in the bottom support of the shade to give it the stiffness to not flex/bow like it does? Probably. I apologize that we do not use it if it exists.

Jim

Thanks Jim and Jondar,
It's just one of those things that makes the coach look cheap, and when you know its there, you continue to look at it. I think we all know of the other company that uses better material.