sewer hose storage

charliehorse

has anyone a good idea on how to fasten a 4"X4" plastic fence post as a storge device for your sewer hose . i would like to fasten this to the frame/underbelly near the sewer drain outlet . thanks

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Check this post out should be of some help.....Kenny

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=10570

I used 1/8 x 1 '' aluminum flat bar bent to fit and Igloo cooler parts for the end caps.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Charlie, the fence post I used was 4 3/4 OD. It works better for the fittings on the hoses. I had to mount it as far forward as I could because of the propane lines. You will have to cut it down about 8". I'm not sure if it shows in the pix, but I had to notch the pipe for the screws on the hinge. Use stainless machine screws, no rust. I also glued one cap on. If you do use it for the poop hoses, I would drill a couple of holes in the bottom to let air in and other stuff out. BTW, the Igloo latches were Kenny's idea, I just stole the idea.:p. Bob:D

charliehorse

here's the lazey mans version - used 4" PVC with cap on rear and screw on cap for the business end . On the 30" Sundance, the PVC pipe will fit just in front and on top of the black sewer outlet. the sheet metal screw holding up the under body membrane is located exactly right for an alumuim tape (plumper's tape) holder bracket. Another similar piece will secure the curbside and can be attached to an existing bracket holding the factorty sewer drain . Easy mod !

nugget

Charles
I used a 5 inch white plastic post so larger (heavy duty) sewer fittings and hose supports would fit in.
It is fastened under the trailer where the rear bumper is welded to the frame (sundance 3300sk). It tucks in there nicely.