And so it begins

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I'd like to see that next time we're together.

And who knows when that might be, so how about a couple pictures? Albeit my setup is not near as elaborate as some (whole other discussion) it works for us whether we’re on park water or I’ve filled the FW tank
I happened upon the garden hose size cam locks while looking for something else in Tractor Supply and started with a couple and it grew from there. So any connection that is an every time connection now has one. No more tightening. No more leaks.
Still use a set of brass quick connects I had on the wye for the back flush (until it fails!)
cf9fa674f474d375698eebdf9622a9ad.jpg
495f5517b63009d2284d750d6ee3845c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

And who knows when that might be, so how about a couple pictures? Albeit my setup is not near as elaborate as some (whole other discussion) it works for us whether we’re on park water or I’ve filled the FW tank
I happened upon the garden hose size cam locks while looking for something else in Tractor Supply and started with a couple and it grew from there. So any connection that is an every time connection now has one. No more tightening. No more leaks.
Still use a set of brass quick connects I had on the wye for the back flush (until it fails!)

Cool stuff. I found an online resource that has several of Green Leaf's Gatorlock (camlock) fittings with GHT threads.

Barn Door Ag (retailer)

Green Leaf (manufacturer)

jbeletti

I just ordered some of those, thanks for sharing

Sure thing. Power of the forum. Thanks for sharing Duane and Lyle.

I plan to order some as well but need time to consider my needs. Currently in thrash-mode as we hit the road in the morning for 7 weeks :)

txtinman

Finally finished my garage tie downs.
I prefer the ATB stuff, aluminum load track, beveled and non beveled.

The factory tie downs are two few and in the wrong places for me

I now have the aluminum track down both sides (not beveled) across the front and back and down the center.

View attachment 20822
What type of fasteners were used to attach the track to the garage floor? Where do you find the track? It looks like aircraft seat track.

porthole

Retired
What type of fasteners were used to attach the track to the garage floor? Where do you find the track? It looks like aircraft seat track.

Fasteners - depended on location. IIRC all screws were 2”

Wherever I had access underneath I used flathead 1/4-20 screws, fender washers, flat washers and ny-locs.

No access but into one of the steel cross members - flathead 1/4” self tappers
No access but into the floor, flat head #14 wood screws.

It is aircraft seat track, but I think they are being extruded now for the automotive industry.

My original 12’ tracks were from a small machine shop in North Jersey. I think those were true aircraft tracks that a retired machinist was re-fitting.

8’ tracks I get from http://www.mackieenterprises.com/

If for no other reason then they are local and I can pick up to avoid shipping and they show up at local motorcycle shows.

- - - Updated - - -

I also pick up the attachments either from Mackie or local bike shows.

I am also partial to M&R straps. Quality product with minimum stretch.

txtinman

Fasteners - depended on location. IIRC all screws were 2”

Wherever I had access underneath I used flathead 1/4-20 screws, fender washers, flat washers and ny-locs.

No access but into one of the steel cross members - flathead 1/4” self tappers
No access but into the floor, flat head #14 wood screws.

It is aircraft seat track, but I think they are being extruded now for the automotive industry.

My original 12’ tracks were from a small machine shop in North Jersey. I think those were true aircraft tracks that a retired machinist was re-fitting.

8’ tracks I get from http://www.mackieenterprises.com/

If for no other reason then they are local and I can pick up to avoid shipping and they show up at local motorcycle shows.

- - - Updated - - -

I also pick up the attachments either from Mackie or local bike shows.

I am also partial to M&R straps. Quality product with minimum stretch.
Thanks for the info.

porthole

Retired
For you toy hauler types, I still have a bunch of the self tappers I used when installing tracks in the garage.

Free to a good home if we are ever in the same area together or $6 for priority mail. I’ll take pictures and length check when we get home.

Matt750

For you toy hauler types, I still have a bunch of the self tappers I used when installing tracks in the garage.

Free to a good home if we are ever in the same area together or $6 for priority mail. I’ll take pictures and length check when we get home.
I would be interested in the length you used. At some point, I’m going to add some of that track. Definitely don’t want to hit a tank or anything electrical!

porthole

Retired
I would be interested in the length you used. At some point, I’m going to add some of that track. Definitely don’t want to hit a tank or anything electrical!

I’m not home to measure but if you figure 1” floor, 1/2” for object being secured and 1/2” to get through the steel cross members you need a 2” screw.

Matt750

I’m not home to measure but if you figure 1” floor, 1/2” for object being secured and 1/2” to get through the steel cross members you need a 2” screw.
Gotcha. I haven’t measured the floor thickness yet, but good to know that it’s 1” (hopefully the same on ours).

porthole

Retired
Gotcha. I haven’t measured the floor thickness yet, but good to know that it’s 1” (hopefully the same on ours).

Really no way to tell unless you have something through the floor that you can check.

I drilled several holes for electric and a cooler drain. In 2010 it was 1” of plywood, so YMMV.

1” was sufficient for my tracks. If you look back to when I installed them I used through bolts where I had access, self tappers on the crossmembers and wood screws everywhere else.

Never had any issues.

porthole

Retired

Someone asked me about these screws.......
When we moved out of New Jersey December 2019 we got rid of a lot superfluous stuff and belongings. Recycling for all the recyclable stuff (clothing, various metals etc), garage sale or trashed.

So, we have no extra parts to give away.