Slam Doors on a 2009 3400RL?

JWG

Just wondering, does anyone know if the new 2010 slam doors can be retrofitted to a 2009 3400RL?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I had an appointment to have them retrofitted to my 08' 3600RL, but cancelled waiting for them to perfect them, after all the problems that were encountered...so I'd imagine they can retrofit them to any unit.

JWG

Thanks for the reply... We are buying a 2009, and the only thing I was going to miss was the new doors... Happy to hear I can probably get them down the road... Hadn't heard about any problems with the new doors... Maybe i will wait as well...

jnbhobe

I have the retro-fit doors on my 09 bighorn 3370. I havent had any problems with them at all. They were the first ones mor-ryde retro fitted. We love them. Jon :D:D:D

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
John...don't know when you had them retrofitted, but it was probably after they discovered the issues with the doors rubbing the frames and coming apart. I know they have now re-designed them, and I guess you got the new and improved version...

jbeletti

Kathy,

Jon and Patti had them installed after the rally in June. Lippert had redesigned them by that point. The day before Jon had his put on is when Terry/Carol and I met with 2 engineers there to discuss the doors and that is when they assured us the design was changed. They had confidence in this change. So far, seems like it is better as I have not heard of any complaints on units build since then.

I was at the plant last week and messed with some doors on a new unit and they were great. Hopefully "the fix is in" :)

Jim

JWG

Thanks everyone for the info... I feel much better now about buying the 2009 model... We will be picking up our new 3400RL this saturday... :)