Retired Law Enforcement

jbeletti

I think this is a cool thread. I know a "lot" more Heartlanders are active or retired L.E. as I have met many of you. I like Butch's comment about Firefighters.

I appreciate both L.E.s of all varieties and Firefighters alike. Our heros. Thank you!

Jim

Redcoat1

Retired from RCMP in April 2007 after 29 1/2 yrs of service. Did most of my career in Alberta, Canada and then moved to New Brunswick, Canada where we currently live. Love to travel. Best job I have ever had !!!!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I was a volunteer FF and worked at a Texas State Prison one time. (As an employee - not a resident!) :D

Oh yeah - I have talked to more than a few law enforcement officers...out on the sides of various highways around the country...years ago, tho! :D

jwb187

Retired as a Sergeant from the Missouri State Highway Patrol on July 1, 1998. I spent 30 years working wrecks, shagging taillights, putting drunks and druggies in jail and supervising a Zone. Finished up working in the Troop HQ, as a desk sergeant, supply sergeant and evidence officer. Great job, and I would do it all over again!!!

wdk450

Every Holiday

Gang:
Every holiday, especially Christmas, I think about ALL the Law Enforcement, Firefighters, Hospital staff, Military and other PUBLIC SERVICE workers who are AT WORK for the common good, while I enjoy the holiday with my family.
Thank God for all of you and God bless you all!

rick_debbie_gallant

Another retired firefighter here reporting for duty. 23 years on the job in Flint, Mi. Retired as a station captain in 2000 (ripe old age of 48). Even though I loved the job and the guys (guys = male and female) I knew it was time to retire. life after fighting fire even for "JUST" 23 years aint that long lived as many of you on the job (both LE and FF) already know. May God bless and protect everyone who serves his fellow man and puts his life on the line to save another life or property.

fhollan

33 1/2 Years!

Retired at the end of 2007 from the Martinsville Police Department after 33 1/2 years. Five years on the road, 16 1/2 years as Det/Capt., and 12 years as Chief. It was a challenge from beginning to end, and the time went fast. Glad to see many others on this forum. Happy Camping!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Gang:
Every holiday, especially Christmas, I think about ALL the Law Enforcement, Firefighters, Hospital staff, Military and other PUBLIC SERVICE workers who are AT WORK for the common good, while I enjoy the holiday with my family.
Thank God for all of you and God bless you all!

Thank you for that. Our family didn't have a Christmas or Thanksgiving together for Duane's first 7 yrs on the Fire Dept.We did the best we could for our kids though. Many a xmas started at 5am before daddy was off to work. The days were very lonely to say the least.

timdebs

Still active volunteer firefighter, past chief. Getting ready to start new career MAGISTRATE!

jnbhobe

Sure do appreciate every thing L.I. and F.F. do for everyone also. I put in 12yr with the Wesleyville,Pa. VFD. Retired as the Captain. JON :cool::cool::cool:

Two Hands

I retired from the Lompoc Police Department after 25 years. Lompoc is a city of about 43,000 on the Central Coast of California. For the last seven years or so I worked as a deputy part time (reserve) bailiff for the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department. I resigned in May of this year to join my wife in full retirement. I had the privilege of working for two great organizations, but I don't miss the job.

Cyncwby

Two Hands....you must have known Dave Duskin, If my memory serves me (which sometimes it doesn't) he left Long Beach PD and went to work for you guys. We used to rodeo together on the National Police Rodeo Assn.

SmokeyBare

Always said... the "Other Guys in Blue" took nearly as much Smoke as we did fighting Fires...

They always had our Back... controlling the neighborhood crowds.... maintaining a secure scene and those crazy folks who tried to zip past the Pump operator as he worked next to the Pumper... keeping enough water flowing for the guys on the charged lines. We always thanked them... for covering our back !

26 years... Retired as a FireFighter - IAFF 474

Marv

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Thanks SmokeyBare:) !

Always said... the "Other Guys in Blue" took nearly as much Smoke as we did fighting Fires...

They always had our Back... controlling the neighborhood crowds.... maintaining a secure scene and those crazy folks who tried to zip past the Pump operator as he worked next to the Pumper... keeping enough water flowing for the guys on the charged lines. We always thanked them... for covering our back !

26 years... Retired as a FireFighter - IAFF 474

Marv

ksroll

Retired July 1,2009 25 yrs Nevada Hwy Patrol Sgt. Commercial Motor Vehicle Section and Highway Criminal Interdiction Task Force.

Bill1374

retired in 94 from the New York State Police after 28 years. Had manay details during that time including a stint at Commercial Vehicle weight enforcement. Left as the Sgt/Traffic Supervisor resposible for all traffic safety programs in 13 counties. Was involved in the first sobriety checkpoint ever held in the state.

Bill

charlie51

I had been wondering how many Police Officers were out there. I've still got about 15 years to go. I have 13 years total so far. The last 4 have been with Huntsville Police Department. I've been a 3rd shift patrol Sgt. with those good Tuesday & Wednesday off-days for a year now. Thanks to you guys who put in so many years. You also give me hope that a COP can actually afford to have a life after retirement HAHA.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Keep it coming ... I knew there were a bunch of us out there ... One thing about people in public service (Criminal Justice and Fire Fighting), they all see to like the outdoors. Maybe one day we could come up with some sort of Rally or get together to swap "war stories". That is always fun.

jbeletti

... Maybe one day we could come up with some sort of Rally or get together to swap "war stories". That is always fun.

A lot of you guys get to do that at the Houston rallies :) Always fun for me to hear some of the stories.

My Uncle was L.E. in Compton and my son is recent L.E. in tiny Winnebago, MN.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Retired from the Air Force Reserve Fire Protection, was an E-8, Deputy Chief. Still an active paid on call FF, Lieutenant and Training Officer. Member/instructor of the USAR team and part of the county Hazmat team.