Retired Law Enforcement

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Okay, let's just see how many of us there are. I know of several but how many of you will fess up?

- 3 years Police Officer - Port Arthur, Tx Police
- Retired Police Officer rank from Houston Tx PD - Jan 2002 - 28 years service
worked NW and N.Shepherd Patrol, Dispatch, Juvenile and 16 years in Training Div.
- 10 months as Police Officer, Trinity, Tx PD
- 10 months as Chief Deputy and Acting Sheriff, Trinity County, Tx

Retired again

Last edited:

hcriddle

Retired from Houston PD in 1999 with 21 years and did a stint in Iraq training Iraqi police officers in 2006-2007
Little time in patrol, K-9, and most of my career working vice and narcotics.

Now pastor of a church in Cypress

Last edited:

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Retired Aug 1 2009,with 25 years from Wayne County Sheriff Dept.as a Cpl. Detroit, Mich.TRAVELER07

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
If corrections counts...DH retired, as a Captain, December 05' from the Maryland State Department of Corrections after 20 years.:)

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Retired 30 Sept 2008, 25 years with Dept. Of the Army Law Enforcement and Security, (Capt. Shift Commander)

HarleyRyder

Retired Gunslinger
Retired as a Sergeant on April 30, 1999 after 30 years of service. 10 years with Claremont Police Department and 20 years with Covina Police Department. Both agencies are in the eastern end of Los Angeles County

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Retired as Detective Sergeant and third in command of a very small agency in Brazoria County. Total of 34 years of service.

creeper

Retired 2006 after 21 years. Not by choice, but with the help of a illegal alien who was driving drunk.

Sr. Officer/Narcotics Investigator/Police Instructor, in a small Dept. one must wear many hats.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Goodtruck got in there first so I will be second..

Thank you ALL very much for your service. And also to your wives (husbands) and family for having the strength of heart you had to have for all those years. The stress that these jobs bring along with them are unmeasurable. I know because Duane is a Career Firefighter and my oldest son is also a Police Officer. The unexpected is always around the corner.
I can not leave out anyone who also served or is serving in our armed forces. Because of all of you, I rest a bit easier at night but always say a prayer for your safety before I close my eyes..
When everyone replies we should count the years up for a total!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey, I have a few friends who were cops!!:D All kidding aside, Thanks to you all for your service and keeping your part of the country a better place to live.

yondering

Retired-Full Timer
Retired as Sergeant from Harris County, Texas in 1995. Started with C. Buster Kern in 1969, attented one of the first law enforcement academy's in Texas. Went on with Jack Heard from 1973 to 1984, then came Johnny Klevenhagan from 1985 to 1995, retired when Tommy Thomas came on board. 26 years total.

Cyncwby

Well no trailer yet but......1970-76 reserve for 2 depts in So. Cal then hired on full time at Long Beach PD for 14 yrs. Due to "reasons beyond my control" I left and lateraled to Anaheim PD for the last 13 yrs. Field Training Ofcr...Primary Response Ofcr. and the most fun was Mounted Unit Ofcr.....horse patrol. Some very sad times and very good times.....and a great retirement, don't regret a second of it.

Arkansas1

Past Arkansas Chapter Leaders
Retired Lieutenant, Sept. 23, 2002 after 21 years administrative training cordinator and finishing up as shift supervisor.

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Wow, there are a lot police officers. I wonder how many firefighters are heartland owners? All police officers know that on the 8th day GOD created firefiighters so cops could have heros. I 26.5 years on the job and 1.5 to go but who's counting. Engine captain station 74 "home of the night crawlers." All jokes a side thanks for keeping us safe.

Butch

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Mark isn't retired yet, but he has almost 30 yrs in and is currently Admin LT. for the Klamath Falls City PD. He has done patrol, K9 search and K9 drug detection (2 dif dogs), detectives, patrol LT and now admin LT. He plans to stay another 3 yrs or so.

Kristy