Full-Timing on the Olympic Peninsula

2010augusta

Well, my wife just accepted a permanent (1 year contract) at a hospital in Gig Harbor Washington:D. We are leaving Uvalde around the 5th of Sept. and taking a couple week to move to Washington. We will still be living in the Landmark. We are looking forward to leaving this 100+ weather of South Texas for the much more temperate weather of the West Coast. We have never spent much time in the North-west, but are looking forward to many new sights and activities. It will be a bit of a change from moving every 2-3 months, but now I get to have a job too and we can make a bit more money. It has been very odd living on the night shift.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Good luck with the move. It will be odd for your to see daylight. I worked nights many years and sometimes still get my days and nights mixed up. (I am not a morning person)

jbeletti

Cool Alan. Nancy and I just spent a couple of days nearby in Seattle prior to our AK cruise. Loved the area.

Jim

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Too cool, Alan! I've never been to the PNW area (well, since I was a kid and don't remember the trip) and would love to land a project out there for a while. :cool: Good luck with the move and traveling.

I guess your posts on the forum will be during 'normal' hours now! Why be normal???:confused::confused::D

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Alan & Sandy:
I was born in Oregon and spent the last 20 yrs up in the Seattle area. Lived on Whidby Island for 13 yrs and up in Bellingham until we went on the road 3 yrs ago.
It is beautiful country with a multitude or recreational activities. There is world class skiing within a few hours drive and some of the greatest seafood in the world. If you have never experienced dungeness crab or fresh halibut filets you are in for a treat.
Enjoy and best of luck
Fred

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Mine too, HT. I am stuck down here cooking in Texas.:eek::( We just finished a new construction project, here at Shell Deer Park, and I am being sent over to the Olefins unit for a turnaround, so doesn't look like NW Salmon or Halibut will be on my menu anytime soon. :(

cjbearden

Visitor
Congrats Sandy and Alan. You are going to love the PNW. We are currently in Silverton, OR and love it, especially all the fresh fruits and vegetables. The Hermiston melons are awesome. Best we have had in years and we come from AR where Hope melons are supposed to be the best - not so after tasting these!!!

We plan a day trip to the coast next week. Loving the cooler temps up here now. If you pass through on I-5, stop at Silver Spur RV Park in Silverton. It is a Passport Park if you are a member so half rate.

Travel safe. Good luck on the new job Sandy and for Alan getting to go back to work.