Delamination of plywood

aatauses

I will try to post a few pictures. I am getting plywood delamination at the bottom of the slides (BH3670) on the sides where water comes down, hits the "molding' and then onto the edge of the plywood. The 'molding' does not cover the complete edge of plywood. I have put some glue to repair the plywood and was wondering if putting a piece of plastic/aluminum angle (similar to the bedroom bottom) on there ,but not sure if that will result in problems when we move the slides in/out. Has anyone had anything like this? What was your solution?
aatauses

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    657.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    644.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    633 KB · Views: 164

tmcran

Yep,, looks familiar. Mine was not that bad yet. The thing I noticed first was the flecks of black plastic looking stuff on the floors of the LR and RB slides. I called HL and was told there is a kit to fix this. Mine was under warranty so the dealer sent for it and repaired both bottoms. Good fix and no more problems. There is an adhesive you put on then let it cure then put the hard pieces on and let it set. .. I belive that will fix ya.

imchud

I will try to post a few pictures. I am getting plywood delamination at the bottom of the slides (BH3670) on the sides where water comes down, hits the "molding' and then onto the edge of the plywood. The 'molding' does not cover the complete edge of plywood. I have put some glue to repair the plywood and was wondering if putting a piece of plastic/aluminum angle (similar to the bedroom bottom) on there ,but not sure if that will result in problems when we move the slides in/out. Has anyone had anything like this? What was your solution?
aatauses

Put a good coat of Polyurthane finish on all the edges, this way it won't wick up the water....

aatauses

Thanks,
tmcram---I did contact HL and they sent me a kit but it is for flat surfaces where there may be some delamination, not on the edges---did they send me the incorrect kit? You mentione a dealer installed yours---was it for the edges or flat surfaces? Can you sent me a picture of what they did as that will help me.
thanks
aatauses

tmcran

Thanks,
tmcram---I did contact HL and they sent me a kit but it is for flat surfaces where there may be some delamination, not on the edges---did they send me the incorrect kit? You mentione a dealer installed yours---was it for the edges or flat surfaces? Can you sent me a picture of what they did as that will help me.
thanks
aatauses

Mine were delaminating along the edges on the bottom of the LR and RB slides. The flat bottom surface. The black material was coming off the flat bottom edges and exposing the plywood to rain . The plywood was begining to separate. The kit seals the edges with the balck sealant and the hard piece about 3" wide fit over the sealant and helps cover the edges. The hard pieces roll over the rollers and prevents damage to the flat bottom surface. I'll try to get some pics in the next couple of days. I have a hard time getting pics on here sometimes.