Water Pressure Problem

DW_Gray

Well I'm dumbfounded thus far. This is my third trip out in my Cyclone on what's supposed to be a year long trip. I have a new problem. The water pressure for the bathroom sink and shower is great. But there is no pressure for the toilet and the kitchen sink. It's night time now so it's hard to see much. The owner's manual doesn't help at all. I hope to see some ideas soon.

2010augusta

Not that familiar with the plumbing in a cyclone, but check the aerator in the sink, on a new unit there can be "junk" in the lines that clogs at the aerators. For the toilet check the fittings for clogs or tape covering the openings. Another thought is to look in the basement for a pinched/crimped line.

gonervn

Bill & Sallie
If you have one of those sprayer type faucets there are two check valves in them. If that type of faucet disconnect the line from the faucet head and see if you have pressure.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
When I first got my Cyclone, I had to remove the aerator on the kitchen sink, like Alan suggested, and clean it out. Toilet - never had a problem with pressure.

I do have a very intermittent water thing going on - or not actually. Sometimes, when the kitchen faucet is turned on - nothing comes out. It'll work fine everytime...and then - nothing. Only when I run water elsewhere (usually turn on the bathroom sink, since it's closest) - then the kitchen faucet will begin working! It seems to me like an air lock of some sort in the system, but as stated - only an intermittent issue. :confused:

DW says it's only when I get home that it does this - works fine for her unless I'm there!:rolleyes:

DW_Gray

Although I cleaned out the aerator that was dirty, that was not the problem. I read about that last night.

What is the common denominator with the water supply to the kitchen sink and the toilet?

I removed the kitchen sprayer from the hose and the water pressure is so low I can stop the flow with my finger. Water pressure at the toilet is well, none. I can't use the toilet at all.

There must be a blockage somewhere, but where? There doesn't seem to be any convenient access panels. Duh, what am I thanking, it's an RV, it's not made to be convenient.

I'm calling Heartland now.

Okay, I talked to Chris at Heartland. There is an access panel to the plumbing. It's in the cargo compartment. I'll report back with my findings.

combine_billy

I have yet to really figure out the water or the sewer on my rig. They do not act like any other trailer I have ever had. They both seem to air lock at times.

DW_Gray

Well I got it fixed with the help of Amy. I started with the toilet by removing the line there. I had a small container for water to go into. Via the cell phone I communicated to Amy to turn on the outside water supply slowly and eventually full flow. After a few attempts, the blockage broke loose. What came out was gray colored material that looked like small stones. I could crumble it between my fingers into sand. I have no idea what it was. Unfortunately, I got rid of it before taking pictures for Chris.

I'd given up on the kitchen sink and called Chris back and left a message. Well this persistent man tried another technique. I removed the faucet head from the hose. Then I would quickly turn on the cold water and turn it off at the sink. After about 6 attempts, clog came out. The hot water side cleared too.

So all is well until next time.

dewwood

That sounds like the sludge I get out of my hot water heater when I flush it out. It could have gotten into the lines and plugged them. Anyway glad that you got it cleared out and are good to go. Happy camping!