Difference between Big Horn and Landmark Augusta

Leno

We started out looking at the 2010 Big Horn and then came across a Landmark Augusta. Like some things on one and some on the other.. What are the major differences in the units?:confused: Anything constructions wise??

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
The landmark has hydraulic landing gear, 40 lb. LP tanks, Larger fresh water tanks, in the Augusta the two doors for the bathroom are pocket doors, Goodyear G614 tires are standard, place for (2) batteries, battery cutoof switch, Hidden hinges,soft touch ceiling,fluoreescent lights,tinted windows, sealed range, 30 inch convection oven,trim accents around windows.

I wishI could be more precise but Heartland has decided to put what used to be Landmark features into the Bighorns. I am sure that we will see some newer amenities for Landmark but not till after the Louisville show.

Hope this helps a little,
Mark

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
In addition to Marks response. The Landmark has a 12" I-Beam Frame. The Bighorns under 36 feet have a 10" I-Beam frame. Landmark has upgraded window moldings, Gel Coat exterior is standard with optional full body paint. It would be best to check out Heartlands website and check the listings of standard and optional features for both. We certainly don't want to mislead a potential owner.:eek: Browse around and don't be afraid to ask questions. We're here to help.

DMitch

Construction wise you can look at the two different construction booklets on the Heartland website. They are under the downloads section under each model i.e. the Bighorn section and the Landmark section.

All the best,

flamingknitter

The Augusta also has an electric reel for the 50 amp electric cord. One of my favorite features. The hydraulic landing gear in front is pretty neat too.

2010augusta

I believe there is a difference in the carpet, and the Augusta has 110 volt track-lighting in the kitchen. The August also has a taller dinette window, so no storage cabinets over the table, that the 3670RL has. There is also a difference in the bedroom dresser and closet layout. The Augusta has more floor insulation and an optional 13 cubic foot refrigerator. Here is a side by side comparison of the two. I know the sheet says the Augusta has a 60 amp converter, but it actually has a 80 amp unit.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 64

Bobby A

We started out looking at the 2010 Big Horn and then came across a Landmark Augusta. Like some things on one and some on the other.. What are the major differences in the units?:confused: Anything constructions wise??

We were asking those same questions about 10 months ago, after doing our homework on both models we decided to order the Bighorn 3580, we added some options, dual pane windows, Gelcoat, and a few other options. It is very close to the Landmark Pinehurst interior wise, and structurely wise it identical or very close. We are very happy with our decision and love our coach. Whatever model you chose you will be very happy with, Heartland is an awsome company. See my thread titled "warm and fuzzy feeling again".
Good Luck,

kkamshop

Not sure if the floor insulation is more anymore - I was told that the 2010 LM models have the R-14 foil bubble insulation, but they are no longer using fiberglass insulation in the belly.
Of course, the laminated floor construction adds insulation to the whole as well.

Last edited:

ChopperBill

We are leaning towards a new trailer and like the 3610RE and floor plan only offered by Bighorn. We may be in the minority but Bighorns come with the lighter Oak wood with a cherry option. We find the lighter oak more "friendly" plus it appears to make the coach more open and bigger. After spending some time in our friends Augusta with cherry we go to our smaller BH 3055 and it just seems like a more cheery atmosphere. The cherry in theirs really doesn't seem to show the quality our oak does. Yeah, I know cherry is suppose to be higher end but we are just plain old folks here. :D

Bobby A

We are leaning towards a new trailer and like the 3610RE and floor plan only offered by Bighorn. We may be in the minority but Bighorns come with the lighter Oak wood with a cherry option. We find the lighter oak more "friendly" plus it appears to make the coach more open and bigger. After spending some time in our friends Augusta with cherry we go to our smaller BH 3055 and it just seems like a more cheery atmosphere. The cherry in theirs really doesn't seem to show the quality our oak does. Yeah, I know cherry is suppose to be higher end but we are just plain old folks here. :D

We love the oak in ours also, and your right about the cherry, the darker the decor is the more closed in feeling you get, thats been our experiance anyway.

Last edited: