Class A, NON commercial Driver Licence

schog

Can anyone tell me if you have to take a written test or just a driving test to get a Class A NON Comercial license in PA.

Can anyone tell me if you have to take a written test or just a driving test to get a Class A NON Comercial license in PA.

I can't remember where I saw this, but there was a poster in another forum who went through this process in PA rather recently and was pleasantly surprised that all that Penndot required was a form filled out and about 40$ mailed in to Harrisburg and you were granted a Non Commercial Class A. I have been searching for that post and am very interested in your findings if you figure it out. I remember the poster saying that he found out about this by calling the DMV. I have been meaning to get around to calling to find out for myself, but as usual haven't gotten around to it. Hope this helps....

schog

I finally went through the process to get my class A non commercial license. The cost is $5 dollars for the permit, you then have to schedule a driving test. When you go for your driving test you will need a person with a class A license to ride along with you to the license center where that person will have to show there license. There is no cost difference between the class A non commercial and a class C.

danemayer

Texas Non Commercial Class A is a little different. Saves $24 vs a Class A CDL over 6 years ($4/year). Either license requires passing the same written and road tests.