Heating Coil Found in Grill

chasdvorak

I was cleaning the oven and noticed a 4" coiled wire stuck in the upper grill. It appears to be a heating coil that may have been part of the oven. The oven seems to be working, but I am somewhat concerned. Any suggestions? Thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It sounds like it may be a thermostat wire that fell out of it's hanger. Is it a copper tubing with a very tiny diameter?

csalmons

I'm not really sure what you are refering too. I know it's hard to decribe certian things on the web, but if you could give us a call here at Midwest 800-772-7262 we would be more than happy to talk with you about what you are seeing.

If a heater coil fell off, you oven would not be working so it might not be anything at all, but it would be better if you call so we can make sure. Thanks!

chasdvorak

Sorry for the delay in getting back on the forum..... I saved the coil and can send a picture. The oven is working fine and my wife has decided that this is the neatest thing since the original microwave.....she's cooking up a ton of food in that machine... I'll give Cari a call.

Chuck

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It sounds like it may be a thermostat wire that fell out of it's hanger. Is it a copper tubing with a very tiny diameter?
I wasn't paying attention to what section of the forum this was in. All the time I was thinking the oven, you know, the thing under the stove.:eek: I see now that you were referring to the half time oven. Sorry for the confusion on my part.:D