Replacing OEM toilet seat

patrick1945

I would like to replace the OEM toilet seat with a more elongated toilet seat. I want a bigger opening!!

Has anyone done this and will the BIG BOX replacement seats fit one of these toilets?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We went to Lowe's and bought a regular household toilet seat...worked great. However, the bowls are round...you may want to stay with that shape so it fits the bowl....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We put one of those household padded (foam) seats on ours. AHHHHH, comfort and relief at the same time. Life is good. LOL

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I too wanted to replace our thin plastic seat and I needed more room as well. I didn't think the elongated seat would do well on a round bowl. I bought one of the "slow close" seats, got out the old jig saw, file and sandpaper and "elongated" the frontal area to achieve the issue of more room. Works like a charm. One Problem, well actually two. I often go to a friends house to visit and have been used to just dropping the lid. WHAM! down comes the standard toilet seat & lid. Our friend is now wondering "what was that?". Problem two! Your average home toilet has no pedal. How many times have ya'll went for the pedal and it isn't there???

tmcran

Boy we are spoiled... Gone are the days of going out behind the tree. :D

But I like being spoiled!!