Is Size a Problem ??

SilverRhino

As my wife gets closer to retirement we are starting to plan for a lot more time being spent in our BC. We are not really interested in joining the ranks of the "Full Timers", just a lot of long trips to the places we want to see.

With this in mine, by the time that comes to happen, I will probably be looking for a new TV. I am just starting to do my research on MDT and HDT tow vehicles. I am leaning toward the HDT, singled up, custom bed with sleeper modified to be more like a rear seat. As questions come to mind....I am trying to cover the issues and keep a record in a journal I have started.

Sorry about being so wordy; questions for those towing with a MDT or HDT tow rig are:

1) Have you ever been turned away from a RV park because of your TV??
2) How frequent is it that your rig won't fit safely in RV park??
3) How much does your TV deter you from or effect your sight seeing??

Any assistance will be appreciated as I start my research on a major long term project.

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
SilverRhino,

We have a Landmark 07 Grand Canyon towed with a 2001 Volvo 660 double bunk sleeper for a little over two years. We have never been turned down by an rv park but we have found some state park spaces are too small. Some parks with small lots have offered us another location to park our HDT.
We found it somewhat cumbersome to site see in the Volvo, therefore, after about eight months on the road we decided to purchase a smart car (see photo).
Visibility, breaking and power are premium compared to a one ton truck.

seamo

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
SilverRhino,

We have a Landmark 07 Grand Canyon towed with a 2001 Volvo 660 double bunk sleeper for a little over two years. We have never been turned down by an rv park but we have found some state park spaces are too small. Some parks with small lots have offered us another location to park our HDT.
We found it somewhat cumbersome to site see in the Volvo, therefore, after about eight months on the road we decided to purchase a smart car (see photo).
Visibility, breaking and power are premium compared to a one ton truck.

seamo
Hey Bob. How long is that rig anyway.:eek::D:p

Rigmover06

As my wife gets closer to retirement we are starting to plan for a lot more time being spent in our BC. We are not really interested in joining the ranks of the "Full Timers", just a lot of long trips to the places we want to see.

With this in mine, by the time that comes to happen, I will probably be looking for a new TV. I am just starting to do my research on MDT and HDT tow vehicles. I am leaning toward the HDT, singled up, custom bed with sleeper modified to be more like a rear seat.
( We have a 70" Ultra sleeper on our truck. the Queen bed folds back into the wall of the bunk leaving a Table and 2 couches to sit on and look out the side windows.)

Sorry about being so wordy; questions for those towing with a MDT or HDT tow rig are:

Yes
Lots of Times
None.
It's my oversized pick up truck. Just can't quite fit thru the drive thru lanes is all.:D
Answered up above in the order.

Rigmover06

HDT vs MDT

With this in mine, by the time that comes to happen, I will probably be looking for a new TV. I am just starting to do my research on MDT and HDT tow vehicles. I am leaning toward the HDT, singled up, custom bed with sleeper modified to be more like a rear seat.
( We have a 70" Ultra sleeper on our truck. the Queen bed folds back into the wall of the bunk leaving a Table and 2 couches to sit on and look out the side windows.)

Yes
Lots of Times
Not At All.
It's my oversized pick up truck. Just can't quite fit thru the drive thru lanes is all.:D
Answered up above in the order.