Sundance 310QB water pressure

charlie51

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase my water pressure in my Sundance 310QB TT? Its pretty low, and its at every faucet, the shower, and even outside shower so I know I don't have a leak or anything. I would try it without the pressure regulator on the hydrant at the campground, but I'm afraid if the pressure fluctuates it might bust a line. Has anyone else with travel trailers experienced low pressure? My old TT was about twice the pressure as my Heartland. It's not so low that it causes problems, but if I could up it some it would be great especially when it comes to the shower. Its the same at every campground we've used so far so I know its not the campground supply. Thanks ahead for the input.:eek:

jnbhobe

Sounds like a presure regulator problem to me. Thats the only constant in the setup. Jon ;) ;) ;)

grizzlygiant

I replaced the cheapie regulator with a residential regulator. Purchased it from Lowes for about $45. I now have good flow and adjustable pressure setting with built-in guage....works AAA++ set at 45 psi.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to increase my water pressure in my Sundance 310QB TT? Its pretty low, and its at every faucet, the shower, and even outside shower so I know I don't have a leak or anything. I would try it without the pressure regulator on the hydrant at the campground, but I'm afraid if the pressure fluctuates it might bust a line. Has anyone else with travel trailers experienced low pressure? My old TT was about twice the pressure as my Heartland. It's not so low that it causes problems, but if I could up it some it would be great especially when it comes to the shower. Its the same at every campground we've used so far so I know its not the campground supply. Thanks ahead for the input.:eek:

I have lower pressure/volume like you...it's still low with no regulater and 70 psig on the inlet.

grizzlygiant

Look behind the docking port====see if there is a regulator in the line. Take it out and use a residential regulator.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Look behind the docking port====see if there is a regulator in the line. Take it out and use a residential regulator.

I removed the panel and found just piping. The pipe size looks to be 1/2" OD, thats tell me its only about 5/16" on the inside which will never flow well. There's also soild 90 deg. elbows used too so the inside diameter of that fitting is smaller yet.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm pretty sure all the plumbing in all of our rigs is 1/2" ID. You might have a restriction at the city water connection in the UDC. OR the little screen may have some debris causing low flow. Just my thought.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I'm pretty sure all the plumbing in all of our rigs is 1/2" ID. You might have a restriction at the city water connection in the UDC. OR the little screen may have some debris causing low flow. Just my thought.
Ray.... I'll go try to take a photo of the piping and fittings (tee's, elbows) next to a tape measure. The outside diameter of the pipe is 5/8". The tee's and elbows OD is 1/2" these are inserted inside the plastic pipe and clamped, that means the ID inside diameter at the clamped joints is around 3/8". That has to cut back on flow?

Attachments

• ebay pics 036.jpg
    ebay pics 036.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 15
  • ebay pics 041.jpg
    ebay pics 041.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

tnhbush

regulator

I have a 31QBS and my water pressure is low as well. I looked at my regulator and found it is only a 2-2.5 gpm I just ordered a new Watts Brass Model N55B Adjustable Regulator, 25-65 range, 6-9 gpm from the Water filter Store. Here is the link It is not cheep but I like pressure to take showers . I already changed out my shower head to one of the Oxygenics heads. It helped but not much. I'll let you know if the new regulator helps.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I guess I should have clarified my statement. All of the piping is 1/2" ID. Both PEX and hose. You are probably correct regarding the connections such as elbows and T's. I still feel there must be some underlying reason you have low pressure though. When we first moved into our trailer, we had low pressure at the kitchen and shower. I removed every mechanical restriction I could find from the fixtures and now have very good pressure while on city water. The kitchen fixture had to be completly disassembled and I found calcium deposits in the backflow valve. I removed the valve.
I only have a 2.8 gpm water pump so when we're on the tank, it is a bit low. That's not often enough to be a concern. If we did a lot of dry camping I would buy a larger pump and install an accumilator tank.
Recently our commode has seemed to have low flow and I have to check that out yet but I'm hoping for it to be only some debris in the valve.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Charlie51
You did not say which regulator you were using.. If your using the barrel type inline regulator from Walmart, Camping World or such you will only be getting 2-2.5 Gallons Per Minute. Inline

You should use a household type you can get at Lowes and add the water hose connections or get one from the RV Waterfilter store which is run by fulltime RVer's. Watts Adjustable 263A Regulator, 2" diameter 0-160 gauge, 4-4.5 gpm

or the one from Camping World Adjustable Water Regulator

But if you would like to check you can get a pressure gage. This one is a simple one from Camping World.

The biggest problem most people have is thru put. Gallons per minute. 2 or 2.5 is not enough. You need about 4 or 4.5. I would also suggest you add water filters to help keep down a lot of the crud build up in your system..

BC

charlie51

Thanks TXBobcat. I'm using the inline kind from Wal-mart, but will go to Lowes or Home Depot and try it and let you guys know if it helps. Thanks for all the help from everyone.