Cyclone 3812

William

We spotted the new Cyclone 3812 at a dealers last weekend and really liked it. Trouble is, the on-line spec sheet doesn't give dry weight or hitch weight. Heartland, can you provide that info ASAP please?

Mike Aplin

Thank you for the kind words on the all new 3812 Cyclone floor plan. We are really proud of this floor plan and it has gone over very well so far with the public. The GVWR is 18,000lbs, the dry weight is around 13,900 fully equipped, and the hitch weight is around 3,300 to 3,500. I hope that we will see you soon in this great new floor plan. Take care, Mike

William

Thanks, Mike. We love the floorplan. Now we're trying to figure out if my F-250 will pull it safely. BTW, we saw it at Explore USA, near Denton north of Dallas.

Bogger

I am normally on the "it can do it safely" bandwagon, but wow, this seems to be pushing the limits. If I thought it were a reasonable task for a 3/4 ton truck, I would have put a lot more energy into looking at the toy haulers. I think you're pushing it quite a bit if you are even half loaded up. Just my .02.

santafedave

Santafedave
I pull my 3795 with a F250 lifted 4"s and with firestone airbags. I recommend the airbags because it will take the sway out of you towing experience. Also with the 4" lift that I got they added an extra spring on the back. I also have the new prodigy P3 brake controller and that works really well going over and down mountains. D.

mabyrnes

We've only had the 3812 for a short while but have taken a couple of extended trips (avg. 1,000 km return) and have had absolutely no problems or difficulties at all. We do not yet have airbags, but they are going on next week and will make things even smoother than they are now - and it's pretty smooth. The truck - an F-250 twin turbo diesel Super Duty - does not strain at all when pulling this rig. With two bikes in back, it pulls effortless. Braking is excellent. We are weighing in at about 16,000+ lbs but the truck is rated for 16,500 lbs. We are averaging about 24 litres of fuel per 100 km. My American friends will have to calculate that out. Turning corners is even easier than it was with our 3010. I don't know why that would be but it is.

William

The truck - an F-250 twin turbo diesel Super Duty - does not strain at all when pulling this rig. With two bikes in back, it pulls effortless. Braking is excellent. We are weighing in at about 16,000+ lbs but the truck is rated for 16,500 lbs. We are averaging about 24 litres of fuel per 100 km. My American friends will have to calculate that out. Turning corners is even easier than it was with our 3010. I don't know why that would be but it is.

That's the same truck I have, with 20" wheels, FX4, '06 with 6.O, and we also have two bikes -- Harleys. Together, they weigh 1550 lbs. dry. We considered that new fifth wheel version of 3010, but that third slide on the 3812 makes it so much roomier. We also like the bedroom configuration much more. Where did you find that truck rating of 16,500? I thought it was more like 15,800.

mabyrnes

Our truck is an 09 Super Duty and we got the 16,500 spec directly from Ford. As I understand it, there are different variations of this truck with different specs. We had the 3010 5th wheel for a couple of months but it got totalled and we then upgraded to the 3812. The 3010 was nice but not roomy enough for us. The 3812 is much roomier. Have a real good look at both of them.

William

I've looked closely at both. The smaller struck me immediately as a good 'fit' for my truck and needs, but then I looked at the 3812 and loved the layout and roominess.