Water Pump/City water Inlet

Jimmie-Kay

Has anyone had a problem with their water pump shooting water out the city water inlet when turned on? Never saw anything like this but I filled the potable water tank, to have water for our trip and when I turned on the water pump, it shot water out the city water inlet............ I have turned every valve I can find and tried the pump after each change and the thing still shoots water out every time I turn the water pump on. If anyone else has experienced a problem like this, please tell me how to fix it quick, we are leaving day after tomorrow.

rick_h

It sounds like a bad check valve. Some others have had that problem here. I think its a pretty cheap part from any RV Dealer. It think the check valve is behind the city water connection.

SmokeyBare

When using the water pump... screw in a plug or attach and close a water valve to the city water port...

brunsje

Mine did the same thing! The dealer replaced it, but in less than a week the same thing happened again! The factory thinks it was a bad batch of city water check valves! I put on a hose shut off valve to stop the water from shooting out! Had to vaccum the basement out twice! So I was not a happy camper!

Larry77

Mine did it from the factory too, they discovered it when before they released it to me though and installed a new brass one--haven't had any problems since. The mechanic said the one from factory was a "cheap plastic one".

jimpav

yep.....me too. (read my post under the Eagle Ridge section). Couldn't find where the check valve is supposed to be. Found a spring on the ground that I guess shot out under pressure.....yes, it's plastic The city water line fill is only about 6' long where it then T's into a main line. I had to hook up my water hose to the CY inlet and kink it so that I had some water to use.
35 DSRL Eagle Ridge

jasonvh

Happened to me too. First trip to the desert, flipped on the heater and pop goes the cw connection. It would only happen when the heater was switched on and the pressure would rise due to heating. dealer fixed it with a new one and no problems since.

rick_h

I had the same problem I use ay winterizing air adapter plug to stop the water. I have heard too much issue with check valves. For as often as I use the pump I can plug the hole.

I've had the City Water check valve fail when using the water pump twice on my brand new M13. The first time, the dealership's service guys just fixed it. The second time, they replaced it with a completly new brass fitting. At the camp site, it was an easy fix to screw in a stop valve.

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
We just had ours replaced, and haven't used it yet. I mean we haven't used the city water connection yet. But we can use our pump again and no water shoots out the back of the trailer.
But it is good to read about the brass fitting, incase it fails again.
I find it interesting this has been going on for about 2 years, I guess they forgot to throw out some of the bad ones.

1231ChaseB

I had mine blow the little check valve right out ! I went to Home depot and bought a garden hose ball valve for about 5 dollar's and screwed it into the hose inlet and it is now a permanent fixture ! Just turn the valve off or on for whatever the situation require's ! No more worry about whether or not the little chack valve hold's up !
chaseb