JT Strong Arms

brunsje

I did a search on here and saw a number of you that have installed these on your camper. However a lot of the posts were 2 years old! With that in mind, how many of you would still recommend the JT"s? Is there something better on the market, cheaper, easier to install? Or are the JT's the only way to go? Inquirying minds want to know!:) Also give the good, bad, and the ugly about the JT's!

Thanks,

osims

bsims
I think the ultimate stabilization would be the level-up system, but we don't full time so the cost is to hard to justify. We use JT Strongarms and Bal chocks and the trailer is very steady. Before the JT's i could sit in the recliner and feel every move the wife made, now i don't feel her walking around. From a pin tripod and factory jacks it makes 100% difference.
Bill

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have the Eliminator which is a JT Strongarm knockoff. The eliminator is sold at Camping World and is less expensive than JT Strongarm. They look the same. It is a great investment.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I use JT Strongarms with nothing else and my trailer is very stable. Didn't want to buy them origanally because I didn't think they would work, then I heard all the others that bought it praise how well they worked.. So I am in the league also..

Love them
BC

SmokeyBare

I have a used set of Plug-it-Right Stabilizers. Both the front legs and a pair for the back jacks. They work great... I don't have any type of wheel chocks with no plans to get any either... the Stabilizers are doing a very good job with out them.

http://www.plugitright.com/page3.html

No need to carry around the Tri-Pod stand now.
They keep the BigHorn very steady.

I did need to add a few more steps when getting ready to move...
Loosen the screws to un-lock them for lifting the Legs.
Tighten the Screws for travel (so I don't lose them)

Marv

beardedone

Beardedone
I use the JT's on my Landmark. They did really well and to even enhance it a bit more I use two cheap little car jacks (Toyota) half way along the frame. Nothing moves. One person can be jumping up and down at one end and a person at the other end wouldn't even know it.:D

laffman

Have spent most weekends in our 5ver this summer at our seasonal campsite. The JT's are great. No rocking at all. The only con was the T-bolts to tighten them. The T part broke off a couple. I just replaced them all with regular hex bolts since I have a full set of tools in the camper for working on my Jeep.

jbeletti

...The only con was the T-bolts to tighten them. The T part broke off a couple. I just replaced them all with regular hex bolts since I have a full set of tools in the camper for working on my Jeep.

Tim,

I had that happen to 2 of my JTs as well. I had them welded them back on. Seems to be the one weakness in the product. Yet, the product is pretty awesome.

Jim

boatdoc

I use the JT's on my Landmark. They did really well and to even enhance it a bit more I use two cheap little car jacks (Toyota) half way along the frame. Nothing moves. One person can be jumping up and down at one end and a person at the other end wouldn't even know it.:D

Same thing here only I use the two bottle jacks I carry in the 5er. Just tried them the last time out and it made the 3670 rock solid. They inhanced the Eliminators greatly. Heck, I thought if I had them might as well try em' and got great results.

MurrayN.

I made my own stabilizers just like the JT's for a little under $100.00 . All you need is a 24' length of 1.25x1.25x100wall tubing with no seam on the inside, a 24' length of 1x1x100wall, 4 - 4x4x0.250 plates, 4 - 4x1x0.250wall flatirons, 4 bolts and presto ! No more shaking.:D

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
We had some great JT's installed both at last years Jackson, CA rally by some great Heartlanders attending, with JimBo crawling under the rig with a few other great guys. Forrest started it all at the Las Vegas rally as well. Combined with the Rotochocks we are quite solid although still bouncy up and down as u walk around inside near the wheels. I think the folks who installed those bottle jacks probably fixed that problem. Great system and we love it. Also picked up from Tweetys.com at the same time the JT stabilizer leveling digital readouts to let u know how far off you are. Not as fancy as the trail air stabilizers that do all the work for you, but are very accurate and nice.