Split in Fiber Glass

scotty

First off, not bashing Heartland, love the quality and unit :). I purchased a used 06 3400 horn, no warranty. Now, after towing in Jersey on there almost highways and returning from a trip I have a split in the glass on the front under the overhang, by the front storage compartment door (about 3 inches in length):eek:. No other visable damage. When I purchased the unit I noticed a slight bulge located on both sides of the storage compatrment but doesn't appear to be delamination, but I'm no expert. No sign of previous or current water damage. Bulge doesn't appear to be getting any worst. I plan to obtain some thin diamond plate to cover the entire lower area beneath the storage compartment. This would also provide good protection from rock damage. My question is what's the best method for preventing the split from running any futher and for sealing the split prior to covering with diamond plate? :confused: We're currently living in it now and taking it to have the front area replaced is not a desirable option :(. I can see the insulation so the split is completely through the glass, but like I said it's only about 3-inchs in length. Not sure why it split, but it did it right in the middle of a bulge, so I suspect a hard jar from road shock caused it. The VIN is 5SFGF342X6E002132. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Scotty, to stop the crack, drill small holes at each end of the crack. Then watch it for awhile before you cover it. BTW, could you post some pix for us to see the area in question? We might have a better idea of what happened. Bob:D

scotty

Scotty, to stop the crack, drill small holes at each end of the crack. Then watch it for awhile before you cover it. BTW, could you post some pix for us to see the area in question? We might have a better idea of what happened. Bob:D

Will be posting a couple of pictures as soon as wife gets back from Disney World with the grand kids. She has the camera.