drain points

4ever

I have a 2010, 3410RE Bighorn. I am trying to find the low point drains to drain the fresh water lines for winterization. The instructions for winterization say to drain the lines from the low point drains under the fiver. I have looked all over under the unit and can't find the drain lines. I have found the drain for the tank but not the lines. Where are these located?

Thanks,

Ted

4ever

If there are no low point drains how do you drain the water from the lines?

Thanks,

Ted

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ted, look under the street side and see if the is a hose with a angle valve on it. If you find it, that is the drain for the fresh water tank. Bob:D

2010augusta

If there are no low point drains how do you drain the water from the lines?

Thanks,

Ted

Ted, just pump RV antifreeze through the lines or blow them out with compressed air. Be sure to take care of the black tank flusher too.

4ever

Thanks for the info.

I had ice maker in freezer however took it out to provide more room. Is there anything i need to do to that small water line that goes to the back of the frig?

Ted

vangoes

Thanks for the info.

I had ice maker in freezer however took it out to provide more room. Is there anything i need to do to that small water line that goes to the back of the frig?

Ted
4ever,
What did you do about any holes left in freezer walls. I've thought about taking mine out also.

ibrick

Ted, just pump RV antifreeze through the lines or blow them out with compressed air. Be sure to take care of the black tank flusher too.

I've pumped the antifreeze through the lines in our 'horn Alan, how do I get antifreeze into the black tank flusher line?

Thanks,
Rick

ibrick,just hook a air hose up to your black tank flush with your tank valves open and blow air into it for about 20 seconds and you should be good.

rick_debbie_gallant

What about any residual "black tank stuff" that may have "oozed" down to the dump valve? Could, would that present a problem when the black tank dump valve is opened?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Actually, since the tanks are vented, there is no reason to open the dump valves. I would cut the air pressure down to about 20# though.

rick_debbie_gallant

Ray:

That was my thoughts also on the opening the dump valves. Like, why would not the extra air just go out the vent stack when ya blow the black tanks flush line.

4ever

When I took out the ice maker I put the screws with washers back into the holes. There were three of the if I remember correctly. They matched the screws and washers that were on the right side of the back frezer wall. I did just leave the wire and plug as it does not take up much room at all.