5th wheel RV cover - which is best

porthole

Retired
Already did a search ........

I'd like to buy one cover and spend the money once for a good cover.

Living in the Northeast, so something that will stand up to harsh winter.

Ideally I am looking for ht best one made - brand etc.

This will be for our Cyclone, which is 36' long, excluding the pin box.

A toy hauler cover is not necessary, as we do not need access to the garage lift gate. It's up against a fence anyway.

Experience?
Best brand?
Best model?
Best place to buy/price?

2010augusta

The best product is a steel building or carport. It will last many years longer than any cover and not mare the finish on the RV.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I don't use a cover for the RV but have for boats. I have never had a cover (cheap or expensive) that would hold up for more than two seasons. The humidity, heat, cold and rain would deteriorate them.

porthole

Retired
The best product is a steel building or carport. It will last many years longer than any cover and not mare the finish on the RV.

I don't use a cover for the RV but have for boats. I have never had a cover (cheap or expensive) that would hold up for more than two seasons. The humidity, heat, cold and rain would deteriorate them.

Guess I need to clarify exactly what kind of cover I am looking for :cool:

I live on 1/2 acre, our house is a ranch style with a relatively large footprint for the square footage. I am at maximum allowed ground coverage (24%) thanks to the size of the house, shed and the driveway.
I am near maximum structure coverage (only 130 square feet to go to reach 14%).

And we are only allowed one additional structure (max of 180 square feet), e.g. shed.

So the car port - RV shed is out of the question.

My previous trailer came with a cover that was already 3 years old when we got it. I used the cover for another 2 seasons before I gave it the buyer of our TT.

It had a tear or two but for the most part it did a good job of keeping the trailer relatively clean, especially since I am surrounded with trees - the messy types - oaks and maples.

Just looking for the best quality fabric cover. Tried searching the net but could find and comparison or testing.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
CalMark. Has held up in the cold rain and snow for two winters in Oregon so far with no wear showing.
Kristy