enclosed underbody vs enclosed fresh water tank

Being a prospective new owner and comparing trailers, I realize the Edge does not have an enclosed underbody and the gray and black tanks are therefore exposed, but what about the fresh water tank? Is it inside, enclosed, not exposed to the elements and somewhat heated by the trailer? Where is it located, in the front under the dinette? Is there inside storage available under the dinette/bed other than thru the compartment doors? Thanks..

M

Mcreech

all the tanks are located under the floor and made off heavy duty formed plastic....These tanks are not going to fail because of road debris......also there is storage from inside the trailer under the front bed in the 21 and 22 but not in the 18......There is storage under the dinettes in the 13 and 19.......i hope this helps

exposed tanks under floor on Edge trailers

In order to use the Edge in the winter, the fresh water tank needs to be kept warm, is the any option for the factory to add heat tape to at least the fresh water tank to keep it warmer?

M

Mcreech

The problem with winter camping is that in order to have water in your camper below 32 degrees, you have to not only keep the fresh water tank from freezing, you have to keep every line, elbow, fitting, and drain line from freezing.......So just warming the fresh water tank, although will keep that tank from freezing, will do nothing for you if the temp drops below 32 degree's..........This is why we don't offer heat strips on the water tank....Because in reality it is just wasting money.........
hope this helps you

Do the new 2011 M-17 have heated tanks and inside water lines? Is the M17 smaller and lighter than the M18? where can I ontain some specifications on construction and options- thanks

Danner

I am also interested in this on the new M17, which I currently have on order.
A dealer in Mundelein, IL lists the M17 as having:

Enclosed water tank.
Heated water tank
Enclosed underbelly.

Is this a new design for the Edge line, or is it a dealer typo?

Last edited: