One more time for the old folks back home

nscaler2

I asked this question of the factor a little while back. I will try again. This time with a little more information. Our 3055 has only two drain tubes exiting the the belly near the door side rear tires. Another exits near the docking station and is the dump for pumping out the fresh water tank. There is another about 2 food reartward of the the dump tube with a valve on it and it also drains something if the valve is open. The question is , everyone talks of 3 tubes exiting near the rear wheels we only have two. I loosened the bottom covering along the door side near the rear wheels and found 3 scrap pieces of tubing just laying around on the bottom of the belly. I removed these using the awning tool as a retiriver. However, I still only see two tubes going to the rear tire area. I was hoping to see a third that had just not been fished thru the hole in the bottom of the unit. This leads me to believe that one of the 4 vents on the fresh water tanks has no tube attached to it at all. Am I correct???:eek:

Scott

Vents

I have forwarded this to one of the guys in the Bighorn plant to comment on it because I am not sure what to tell you.

ST

nscaler2

Can I see them

If I take plastic covering off the bottom of the trailer, will I then be able to see if all the vents have hoses attached to them. Or is there some other obstical there that would prevent me from seeing them and affecting repairs if necessary.

Scott

We have made changes to the way the tanks are vented now, one variation was two vents instead of four - in order to alleviate the issue of people loosing water when driving down the road.
To answer you question about removing the black abs underbelly - yes, you should be able to see the tank area as well as the water lines. If you are determined to cut your underbelly (which I would not advise) I am going to suggest that you consider cutting the underbelly along the floor joists that run across the coach between the I-beams. This gives you something substantial to reattach it to.
I am going to tell you that unless you actually have a problem with the draining of the coach I would not go cutting the underbelly just to satisfy your curiosity. Two, three or even four vent not withstanding.

ST

nscaler2

Thanks

Thanks Scott. I hadn't intended to cut the ABS. I was going to uscrew it where it is screwed on to the frame. The reason was not just for curiosity. If one of the vents does not have a hose attached, it will slosh water into the belly of the trailer instead of out thru the non-attached hose to the ground. We took delivery of our unit on 4/14/2006 and it came off the line approximately 14 days previous to that. Anyway, everyone on this board talks about having 3 hoses near the D/S wheels and we only have two, therefore the assumption of having a hose not connected to a vent.