how safe, getting cold out

rick_debbie_gallant

will plumbing freeze?

Okay everyone here ya go: How safe will I be without winterizing my bighorn 3670 with the temps getting into the mid-20's:eek:. I am in Michigan and will be leaving for Texas (yeh-haw!!!!!) on the 20th of this month (just a few more days) and I dont want to winterize. I am keeping the stat at 50. Ya think I should be okay?????????

Last edited:

beardedone

Beardedone
why not blow your lines out with air. That should increase your level of protection and only takes a few minutes. Just make sure your hot water tank is empty and put some anti freeze in the drains. Double check your shower as well to make sure nothing in there. Another thing, blow air through your flush valve on the black tank.

bighorn3370

You will be fine. It only gets that low for a few hours, and it gets back up the 50's during the day. If you want, just put the t-stat at the lowest setting. It should keep you from using lots of propane and keep you above the freezing mark. Also keep in mind that a lot of people use their tailers in Michigan for hunting, and they do not winterize them until mid-November.

rick_debbie_gallant

I did not winterize s.o.b. until December last year and did not have any problems. I will just cross my fingers. But I don't think will have any problems

caissiel

I made a box insulating the low point brass valve, we are still in our unit and it gets in yhe mid 20'S HERE NOW

rick_debbie_gallant

caissiel

Just for grins I drained the water tank:eek:. That was the only thing I was worried about. Set the thermostat at 52 degrees last night and the coldest the underbelly got was 45 degrees :D. I believe the temp got down into the low 20's last night:eek:. I am one happy camper:D. We are leaving for Texas this Tuesday for the winter:D:D! Just have to stop in Elkhart to have some issues resolved that the dealer had 2 chances at resolving:mad:. I know they will be done right in Elkhart:D.