At Holiday Trav-L-Park VA Beach

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Deb and I will be at Holiday Trav-L-Park Thursday, Oct 29, thru Sunday, No 1. If everything goes as planned, we'll have a couple of other VA Owner's Club folks there also.

happycampernc

Hey Gus if your looking for some good seafood you and debra should check out Captain George's. The best seafood as far as i'm concern.

jcd8822

Joseph
We spent 5 days there in 2006. We really enjoyed it. We had to get use to the Naval jets taking off and landing nearby. At first we thought their landing strip was in the park. LOL

Enjoy your stay.

Joseph

boatto5er

Got in around 5:30 this afternoon. Spent 2 hours getting Satellite TV to work (If you have the wrong dish selected it just won't get a signal - my DUH for the day). Spent so much time messing with the Satellite it was dark by the time I noticed that we really weren't level side to side. Not bad, but just enough to be visually noticeable. Will correct it in the morning. Not off to a great start, but you know what? A bad day camping is better than a good day at work anytime:D!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Gus,Hope you guys have a great weekend.What is the weather supposed to be like?

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hi Gus and Debra
Wish we were there. Hope you have a great relaxing weekend and spooky goblins to boot! We'll be thinking of you (with envy);).
Gus, you have to get rid of that starboard list.

boatto5er

Hey Gus,Hope you guys have a great weekend.What is the weather supposed to be like?

Cloudy, mid-60's Friday. Mostly Sunny, 80 Sat, Chance of showers Sun.

Hi Gus and Debra
Wish we were there. Hope you have a great relaxing weekend and spooky goblins to boot! We'll be thinking of you (with envy);).
Gus, you have to get rid of that starboard list.

I got rid of it. We're listing to PORT tonight!

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Have a nice weekend. We are going on a hayride with grandkids for trick or treat.
BTW The shirt is in the mail.

Mike

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Gus, aka Mr. Patience, John would have thrown the sat dish across the campground long before the 2 hour mark. You really have a serious addiction to FOX news! :eek: But I understand there may be medication available for your condition.:D

PSF513

GUS: Hope the goblins don't get too spooky. Not sure how it was in your spot but the jets did not seem to be flying much last night. Must have been the witches and ghosts. Hope you guys have a great time.

boatto5er

GUS: Hope the goblins don't get too spooky. Not sure how it was in your spot but the jets did not seem to be flying much last night. Must have been the witches and ghosts. Hope you guys have a great time.

The jets stopped early yesterday. Guess they wanted to give those pilot/parents plenty of time to get ready for Halloween.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Gus, The dish is safe! 6 minutes from compartment to recliner. Finally stopped raining so we decided to give it a try. Success!

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The jets stopped early yesterday. Guess they wanted to give those pilot/parents plenty of time to get ready for Halloween.

Nope...they were landing in my front yard. Got some friends out at Oceana...they really burn it when they go over just to let me know who's flying.

boatto5er

Some people insist it's annoying to hear them coming over so low and loud, but it kinda gives me goose bumps.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Some people insist it's annoying to hear them coming over so low and loud, but it kinda gives me goose bumps.
I know what you mean.We have never been to this campground,but I remember being at Ocean Lakes cg at Myrtle Beach when the jets flew in and out of the Base down there.It made me feel proud and safe.Of course that Base is closed now.