No Go

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My Java's are enabled, but I still get nothing from the tabs at the top of the page.

JohnDar

Warning, Warning, Will Robinson :eek:. Seems everytime I download something that's supposed to make my notebook work better, faster, smarter, I end up regretting it.

jbeletti

All looks good from my Mac using Firefox. See attached movie file (Quicktime).

I'll try on a PC laptop next using Internet Explorer.

Jim

Attachments

• HOM_Test_Mac_FF.mov
    524.2 KB

jbeletti

Alrighty then! Did NOT work on a PC laptop using Internet Explorer 8. I have tried tons of settings changes found on the Internet with no luck.

If you are using I.E. 8, I have no ideas for you on getting the Manuals page to work other than using Firefox, Safari, Opera etc.

Sorry,

Jim

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sounds like Microsoft to me. :angel:

Oops! Did I say that outloud?

Seriously, we have not been able to switch to IE8 at school because it isn't compatible with so much of our stuff like our student info manager programs.

Kristy

jbeletti

Michael Kidd is looking into the coding for the manuals page. If it can be tweaked to work around IE 8 - he will figure it out.

Until then, try out Firefox - you may like it :) I love it.

Jim

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Lin is still using IE7 on her laptop with Win XP. :eek: I've gotten so used to Vista and Firefox I can't stand using her computer. Firefox is great.

JohnDar

Lin is still using IE7 on her laptop with Win XP. :eek: I've gotten so used to Vista and Firefox I can't stand using her computer. Firefox is great.

That's what I'm using, IE7 and XP. Tried the IE8 download and could not get rid of it fast enough. Jazzed up a few things before I dumped it. How I long for the old corkboard & tacks bulletin boards.....NOT :D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
If you haven't tried Firefox you should. Works great, much better than IE7 IMHO. Firefox is free also.

WSGraffius

Hey Jim, have to let us know when Mikey tries it. I have a month old laptop with IE8 and was unsucessful as well. Will advise on how my wife's Ubuntu OS laptop works out as well.

WSGraffius

Well the Ubuntu/Firefox version works well to view the available manuals. Did not see the electrical schematic for my Big Country like I hoped. Will have to compare site and my files to see which manuals I can contribute.

bill40

I guess I must be missing something but I am using IE8 and XP on a Toshiba and it seems to work fine on all the tabs.