The Wait is OVER

Elder1

We went to Funtime RV in Tualatin, Or. this morning to have the hatch installed in our TV and while there the service manager asked me if we wanted to take our new toy home today (hmmmm let me think). So while they installed the hitch we did the walk around and found a few things (only a few and very mainer) most were taken care of on the spot. One item had to be checked on and that was fine cause the topers were not in yet and we need to go back next week to have them installed. Not a problem, we are going to load it tomorrow and rain or shine are going out this weekend to see if we can fand anything to be fixed next week. I don't think we will but never hurts to make sure. Oh one thing did kind of surprise us there is no lock on the bathroom doors, so Im going to have to fix that can't have the grand kids walking in!! I think the old blade latch style will work going to pick up 2 at the hardware store and see. Oh and the dealership installed a Husky 16k hitch with a Proddigy break controller, must admint never heard of eighter but was told that both are the best so will take them at their word. 2 and a half hour drive home and everything worked fine except when I went to unhook, I could not reach the release pin on the hitch, sigh, it sucks to be short, so I now have a 3 step stool for the truck so I can hook up tomorrw.

Will let you know how the shake down run goes.

Bryan

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Bryan,

Congrats on the "addition to the family" I know you are going to love it. And welcome to the Heartland Owners Family. A Greater bunch of folks you won't find.

If it's any consolation, one of my first purchases when I bought our first 5th wheel was a small step ladder to reach into the bed of the truck. Sure beats trying to stand on the rear tire to reach the latch.

Good luck this weekend. Check it out good, and enjoy yourselves.

Keith

2010augusta

I had a chance to see and walk through a 2011 Big Country in Fife, WA, and was really impressed with it and the new "country style" interior. I know you'll enjoy the new toy. I can't wait to see what Heartland has in store for the 2011 Big Horns and Landmarks.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Congratulations! and a day early too!!! Now you just have to decide what you are going to do this winter and get signed up for the rally in June.:D

Kristy

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Congradulations on the new toy. Don't let not being able to reach the hitch pin bother you. I am 6'-3" and I need a step to release the pin on my 5th wheel also.

Height it not the problem.. Getting a step big enough to reach the leaver is..:D..

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
What a bunch of old men :D. Just grab the bed rail, put your foot on top of the tire and MAN UP! But I keep a three-step ladder in the bed at all times. Mainly if I'm loading the truck. Almost broke my lower leg doing the he-man jump/lift getting onto the tailgate. Missed and saw more than stars!! And unless I forget to, I pull it out when hitching/unhitching, too.

2010augusta

Huh? what is hard about reaching the pin? I barely have to lean forward to reach ours. But I do have these handy fold down steps that my wife uses, and she is 5'8".

Attachments

• DSCN8696 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN8696 [640x480].JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN8697 [640x480].JPG
    DSCN8697 [640x480].JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 43

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new BC 3250. We have an '08 3250 and just love it but I'm so impressed with the new look and upgrades of the '11. Enjoy!!

Chuck Richard

Congatulations on the new 5'er hope you enjoy it as much as we do. We must be neighbors we live in Monmouth. Hope you can make iot to the rally in June.