3010 general questions for any owners or other cyclone owners

dougw

Hi
As most of you all know by now I recently purchased a new 2010 3010 cyclone. I had a few general questions I'd like to ask if you don't mind.

1st - We got a large package of manuals for just about every thing. however I did not see any general manual from heartland. Should I have received one?

2- We got a soap dish as well as a tooth brush holder. Where did you guys install them? My first thought was in front of the sink but I'm not so sure I really want to screw into the outside main walls. I thought about the pocket door walls but wasn't sure there either.

3- As I entered the coach for the first time at night It dawned on me that it was a distance in the dark to locate the over head light switch inside the control panel. I had to reach for the light over the kitchen sink, which wasn't bad. Has any one come up with a 3rd option to combat this? I realize it doesn't' sound serious but thought I'd ask.

Thanks
DW

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Doug, ask away. Thats why this forum is here. While I don't have a Cyclone I might be able to help a little. As far as the soap dish, tooth brush holder and tp holder, we just threw them away. We use the liquid soap in a pump bottle, electric "sonicare" tooth brushes and a stand alone tp holder. Well actually its a "teeth" brush. It all works out great. And I don't know about your Cyclone but on our Bighorn there is a pair of switches located near the floor at the entry door. One of them is for an overhead light, one is for the under stair light. Easy to get light when entering in the dark. Check it out, you may have one as well. General manual? I don't know, but I think so. Call customer service at Heartland and ask.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Hi Doug,

Same here as the others. We supply those bath accessories as some people want them. In practice, most prefer to do their own thing with higher quality pieces. I installed a TP holder, towel bars and a rob/towel hook by Moen in my last unit.

We use toothbrush holders and store them in the medicine cabinet. Like the others, we used hand soap in a pump bottle.

Jim

porthole

Retired
General manual, yes. Mine was bound with one of those spiral plastic thingies. About ¼” thick and only one language. You can download this manual from this site.

Soap dish and brush holder – in the box of trailer stuff in the house basement.

Liquid soap for the sink and the suction cup tooth brush holder on the shower wall next to the cabinet. Works great and no holes to drill.

Light switch. Mine is on the outside of the entertainment center and my wife has trouble finding it.
So, for the interim I have a nightlight plugged into the kitchen cabinet and I will be adding an LED to my switch panel so we can see where the switch is. Your problem will be a little more difficult.

I am considering though running wires down from my switch, under the floor and up inside the kitchen cabinet to put a switch under the counter top by the main door.

As most of you all know by now I recently purchased a new 2010 3010 cyclone. I had a few general questions I'd like to ask if you don't mind.

1st - We got a large package of manuals for just about every thing. however I did not see any general manual from heartland. Should I have received one?

2- We got a soap dish as well as a tooth brush holder. Where did you guys install them? My first thought was in front of the sink but I'm not so sure I really want to screw into the outside main walls. I thought about the pocket door walls but wasn't sure there either.

3- As I entered the coach for the first time at night It dawned on me that it was a distance in the dark to locate the over head light switch inside the control panel. I had to reach for the light over the kitchen sink, which wasn't bad. Has any one come up with a 3rd option to combat this? I realize it doesn't' sound serious but thought I'd ask.

Thanks
DW

Yianni

We also received a general manual from Heartland.
ALSO-don't throw away your supplied toilet paper holder rods. I figured out there are holes drilled in the bottom of the magazine rack thing in front of the toilet that these fit into. Holds two rolls.

TNT

We have a 09 3210 which is similar to your unit.

1.In our packet of owners manuals we found one from Heartland that says "Owners Manual - Toy Hauler". You should have one. We have used it a couple of times and it seems to be sufficient. When in doubt we have called Heartland Customer Service or the 1-800 number of the manufacturer and the numbers are listed on the inside of a cabinet door.
2. We did not install the toothbrush or soap holder. But we did install the tp holder. We don't have a side bathroom, the toilet is a separate room. So we were able to install it on an outside wall of the trailer no problem.
3. Our light switch is on the control panel immediately on the right as you enter the coach. One arm length in so we haven't had a problem. I can see where it would be a problem if it was any further in. The nightlight solution sounds good!

Good luck and enjoy!

JonStrick

has anyone had any problems with the electric bunks in the garage of the cyclone? i have a 2008 3210 and i had what they call a run away bed prolbem last weekend due to instlation issues and it did a lot of damage, what i am learning from the multiple phone calls i have made and received is that if the main circut board is mounted directly to the wall and moisture gets behind it it can malfunction and start opperating on it own, i have also found out that the stowing pins only lock the upper bed into place, i am just wondering if anyone else has experinced any type of prolbem like this

Thanks
JS

porthole

Retired
The pins lock only the upper bunk so that the lower bunk can be used with all the headroom possible, or for those with the "couch" option the ability to get up without having to duck.