Replaced dinette with booth dinette

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well leave it to me to be different. After seeing John and Myrna Bird's booth dinette in their Bighorn I thought I wanted that in our Landmark. I talked with Coley Brady and asked him to get me a price. We agreed and I finally got it done this past week. So take a look at the pictures. I am anxious to hear your thoughts of the first booth dinette in a Landmark. At least I think it is the first. We like it and the service guys up at Heartland did a great job. Dave Jones, Chuck, Pepe and a few others really did a first class job. I am so happy that Heartland has decided to do some of these types of services right there at the plant. We did have a couple of hiccups early on but in the end it really turned out very nice. We couldn't be happier. But don't let that sway your responses. i do want to hear what you think and want Coley and the rest of the fellas there know too.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    343.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 253
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    346.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    380.2 KB · Views: 249
  • 2b.JPG
    2b.JPG
    365.7 KB · Views: 268
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 3a.JPG
    3a.JPG
    368 KB · Views: 239
  • 3b.JPG
    3b.JPG
    360.8 KB · Views: 263

2010augusta

Mark that looks good, I think that is going to be easier to use that the free standing, but we need the dog kennel and the new freezer more that any type of table.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mark, I am not a big fan of booth dinettes, but wow it sure looks nice. Did you get doors for outside access as well? And did you get a new crisper drawer for your refer while you were at it?

Peace
Dave

KHinson

2008 F450 King Ranch
Looks like it came with it! I see they even moved the power outlet to under the seat so you didn't lose the power outlet from the wall.

I have been looking to do the opposite, go from a dinette, which really only seats 2 comfortably, but has a lot of storage, to a table and chairs.

We have 4 in our family, and I found the seats to be very uncomfortable in the dinette after a few uses, they are pretty much flat now.

Having 4 chairs that can be moved around and a table which extends, would be a better fit for the 4 of us.

I hope you enjoy your new dinette and the extra storage space. Plus you sort of get a bed area, for folks under 4 feet tall anyway!

Enjoy your new modification!

Keith

mrcomer

Hey Dave,
No door access from outside. And no, I did not get another crisper drawer either. I really need to find a deal on an ice bucket for the freezer though. When I went to dump the ice out while winterizing, the entire ice bucket flew out of my hand and busted in pieces. When I called Dometic for a price I was not happy and on top of that they have a standard $25 s&h fee so the ice bucket would cost me almost $70 total. I tried to get one from the local surplus stores in Elkhart and even tried Bontrager's in White Pigeon Michigan but no luck.

Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Mark, We think it looks great even though our preference is a table and chairs. Now that you have that maybe Heartland would offer the choice on the Landmarks. Great look.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Now I know why you cut in line. It is very nice looking. Are you talking about the ice bucket that goes with the ice maker in the frig?

mrcomer

Thanks Ken,
I tried but their price is the same as Dometics, I just didn't go far enough to see if I will save any money on S&H.

Thanks,

airedale

dinettes

it was an option that i chose to go with on my 3055......an extra bed for those golfing trips.....i think it ends up around 68".......i'd bet it's an option on the landmarks......probably a couple of hundred.......