Fridge drain line

WSGraffius

I noticed on my rig the flexible tubing for the drain line which drains condensate outside through the access cover had become brittle, My drain line on the lower end of its length would break as soon as I touched it, allowing the water to drip within the interior portion between the fridge and exterior wall. I replaced the OEM plastic line with a metal hose clamp and some poly tubing, but had to extract the fridge into the RV to access the drain line. Was a bit miffed that this plastic line lasted >2 years. A word to the wise to add checking the drain line of your fridge to your list of periodic checks on your rig. When parked my fridge is on the north side so I doubt exposure to sun (UV) was the issue. Also of note an after market temperature controlled, solar fan is available (Cmpg Wrld) to assist with heat extraction during those high temperature days.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I replaced mine with some reinforced clear hose I bought at the hardware store. Easy fix and works great. And this past weekend helped Bill Sims fix his using the hose and RESCUE TAPE. Worked great.

Attachments

• fridge fix.jpg
    fridge fix.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 68
  • fridge fix 2.jpg
    fridge fix 2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 67

osims

bsims
Thanks go to Jim and Tom of Ypsi For getting the drain line fixed. I don't think we could rv without some rescue tape on board. I don't work for Kakampers but i have used rescue tape on everything ( hyd hoses on tractor, rv, rad. hoses on truck, and so on) it is a great product.
Bill

SilverRhino

Where to Purchase??

Thanks go to Jim and Tom of Ypsi For getting the drain line fixed. I don't think we could rv without some rescue tape on board. I don't work for Kakampers but i have used rescue tape on everything ( hyd hoses on tractor, rv, rad. hoses on truck, and so on) it is a great product.
Bill

Having seen all the references to Rescue Tape on the forum......I started looking for it. Evidently the Big Box stores and local hardware stored do not handle it. They sold me some silicone tape that was supposed to be the "same thing".......tried a small piece......would not even stick to itself....returned quickly!

So....Is it only available on line & where??

Thanks

Travel Safe!

osims

bsims
Silver Rhino
Send a private message to Kakampers on this forum and Kathy will fix you up. They are the factory rep for rescue tape.
Bill