MorRyde IS & pinbox installation

tdharley

I did it, took the 15 hour trip to Elkhart and had the MorRyde IS system installed. While I was there I also had them install their pin box.

BIG difference in ride and handling. On the trip home the rig handled beautifully. I hit the end of tropical storm Ida on the way back and it did not bother me at all. I do not know whether to thank the pin box or the IS system for that. As for the general ride, I do not feel any side to side sway and the up and down “bucking?” when stopping is gone. Again I do not know if it was the pin box or the IS system or a combination of both to thank for that.

I was skeptical in the beginning as to the claims made by MorRyde and other users but am a total believer now.

The tech (Sergio) at MorRyde was very knowledgeable and thorough with the installation. He started by totally beefing up the Lippert frame with 3” rectangular stock & 4” angle iron. He then started the IS install, replacing both axle with the proper ones, sprayed the whole assembly then remounted the tires and a very lengthy alignment.

While in Elkhart I took the time to visit the Heartland assembly plant for the Bighorn. They set me up with a new salesman named Derek. He was very patient with me, taking me any where I wanted to go and answering all my questions. It was quite an impressive tour and plant.

After seeing the factory and noticing their stock of trailers I hope Heartland continues to sell the way the salesman says they are selling. He was telling me that they think they are going to fall short of what they need for orders in the Spring. WOW good for them. I noticed at least 3 other vacant facilities there including Damon & Road Master, not to mention all the little companies. Heartland must be doing something right.

Check out my attached photos of the install.

Attachments

• PB140016.JPG
    PB140016.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 127
  • PB140017.JPG
    PB140017.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 123
  • PB140018.JPG
    PB140018.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 122
  • PB140019.JPG
    PB140019.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 128
  • PB140020.JPG
    PB140020.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 133

smday

tdharley,
That's great to hear. We are picking up our trailer soon and i am booking it in for the same thing plus the disc brakes. We will really get to test it out because its at 2-1/2 day drive home to Alberta.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Got the Mor-Ryde IS, Disc Brakes, never lube bearings. Also Mor-Ryde pin box. Great system.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We have the Mor/Ryde IS, DB, and JT Strongarm with TraileAir pinbox...
The disk brakes are excellent.

Good to go for us.

BC

lwmcguir

Reading all the different portals, forums, and post, one thing jumps out. You need more than one upgrade to have a good system. This includes the either the pin pox, fifth wheel hitch, suspension and TV. Folks that have addressed all or several of these issues have the best road experiences with the least fatigue and aggravation. If you are going to RV, plan on spending money on good equipment and upgrades. Seems to be the common theme. Safety of the Coach, TV and family/pets comes right along with it. Would be nice if you could do it cheaply but it cant be done safely.

Delaine and Lindy

Mor/Ryde...

We were there in 2006 to get Disk Brakes installed had already had a Mor/Ryde pin box should have had the IS suspension installed however we also had the Mor/Ryde RE suspension. We did have a Trailer Saver Air ride 5th wheel hitch so I'm not sure have much the Mor/Ryde pin did as for as chucking. Our set up now is we only have the Standard pin box but we do have the Trailer Saver Air ride hitch, with a Trailer Air Center point suspension, and the ride is perfect. Mor/Ryde personnel are very professional, we enjoyed our stay there. Did they feed you lunch?? The DiskBrakes upgrade was the best upgrade we made on the Cambridge 358. GBY....

nscaler2

Did the same

We had the IS system disc brakes and the strong-arm stabilizers installed almost the same time as TX bobcat. We LOVE it the ride is GREATLY improved and the brakes are great!! Tested them this summer on a 7% grade that runs for 6 miles with multiple 25 MPH hairpin turns. Before we attempted it I was afraid that I might need a new pair of shorts at the end of the run. Not so. The brakes worked beautifully. We never felt like we were out of control. Best $5200 that I have ever spent. :D:D:D

Gator

I installed the MorRyde pin box - everything else is factory stock. It has almost completely eliminated the chucking.

My first post as I am fairly new to the forum. Sounds Like we have a great bunch of folks here and I look forward to some great times.
I took delivery of a 2010 Cyclone 3950 in October. Prior to the unit going to the dealer I had MorRyde pick it up from the Heartland factory. I understand that they are only a few miles apart. I had them install their IS, pin box, disc brakes and Michelin XPS rib tires. Since I am new to a fifth wheel and don't have anything to compare to having traded up from a truck camper I can only say that I had none of the chucking that I have read so much about here. The unit handled fantastic on the 600 or so mile trip from Michigan to NJ and across the PA hills. Lookng forward to many happy miles.
Regards
Dan Stewart

jimtoo

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information. They are all willing to share and help if and when needed.

You did a super mod by having the suspension changed out and I am sure you will love it.

If you need any information, just ask away and someone will answer.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

porthole

Retired
The unit handled fantastic on the 600 or so mile trip from Michigan to NJ and across the PA hills. Lookng forward to many happy miles.
Regards
Dan Stewart

Hey Dan - welcome to the forum. Whereabouts in NJ?

We have a new 3010 and live just off Exit 98.

Also did the same mods you did before bringing it home from Elkhart